Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Top 3 Most Effective Bug Sprays to Protect Your Family from the Zika Virus
- Read the Cover Story: Céline Dion: 'I Lost the Love of My Life'
- Amy Schumer Shuts Down the Body Shaming 'Trolls': 'I Think I Look Strong and Healthy'
- Why Bachelorette JoJo Fletcher Is Destined to Get a Lob
- Who Is Jeanne Parr? The Incredible, Pioneering Life of Chris Noth's Mom
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- February 09, 2009
- Vol. 71
- No. 5
Gossip Girl's Kelly Rutherford Divorce Drama
The Star Splits from Her Husband While Pregnant with Their Second Baby
Soon she and Giersch were locked in a bitter custody feud over their son Hermès, 2 (see box). While Rutherford said in court documents that she feared Giersch, a German native, was a flight risk, Giersch asked a Los Angeles judge to bar Rutherford from taking Hermès to New York City to film her show, arguing that her chaotic work schedule hurt their child. "If I am being asked to choose my career over my son, I choose my son," Rutherford responded in court.
For now Rutherford doesn't have to make that choice. On Jan. 23 the judge ruled that the actress could go to New York City with Hermès until Gossip Girl finishes shooting in March. Since Giersch is willing to care for their son there, while Rutherford works, the couple are staying civil—at least until court resumes in April. Giersch told PEOPLE, "Kelly loves Hermès, I love him, and we have to make sure everything's right for our new baby." Agrees a rep for Rutherford: "Right now Kelly is focusing on her family and trying to bring as much normalcy to their lives as possible."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!