Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- WATCH AND SHOP: The Bracelet Inspired by Styles Stars Love – for Less
- Read the Cover Story: Brad & Angelina Split After 12 Years: It's Over
- Better Late Than Never! Kendall Jenner Finally Made It to Paris Fashion Week
- Playboy Model Denies She's Dating Dallas Cowboys Quarterback – but Then Posts Racy Throwback Photo With a Bengals Player
- Shannen Doherty Reveals Hair Is Growing Back After Cancer Treatment in Sweet Snap With Her Husband
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- February 09, 2009
- Vol. 71
- No. 5
Gossip Girl's Kelly Rutherford Divorce Drama
The Star Splits from Her Husband While Pregnant with Their Second Baby
Soon she and Giersch were locked in a bitter custody feud over their son Hermès, 2 (see box). While Rutherford said in court documents that she feared Giersch, a German native, was a flight risk, Giersch asked a Los Angeles judge to bar Rutherford from taking Hermès to New York City to film her show, arguing that her chaotic work schedule hurt their child. "If I am being asked to choose my career over my son, I choose my son," Rutherford responded in court.
For now Rutherford doesn't have to make that choice. On Jan. 23 the judge ruled that the actress could go to New York City with Hermès until Gossip Girl finishes shooting in March. Since Giersch is willing to care for their son there, while Rutherford works, the couple are staying civil—at least until court resumes in April. Giersch told PEOPLE, "Kelly loves Hermès, I love him, and we have to make sure everything's right for our new baby." Agrees a rep for Rutherford: "Right now Kelly is focusing on her family and trying to bring as much normalcy to their lives as possible."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!