Archive Page - 08/16/13 40 years, 2,169 covers and 54,876 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- From Gwen Stefani to Jon Hamm: Our Favorite Moments from the People Magazine Awards
- Read the Cover Story: Family and Friends Remember Robin Williams
- Watch Maroon 5, 5SOS Pharrell & Gwen Stefani Perform at the PEOPLE Magazine Awards
- Kate Upton Tells Boyfriend 'You're Welcome' for Her Sexiness
- PEOPLE Magazine Awards: Watch Mindy Kaling and Chris Messina's Hot Moment! (VIDEO)
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Friday December 19, 2014 08:10AM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- February 09, 2009
- Vol. 71
- No. 5
Harry & Chelsy It's Over!
After Five Years, the Prince and His Girlfriend Call It Quits
In this case, looks were deceiving. For on Jan. 24, a royal source took the unusual step of confirming reports that the couple, who looked in love and adorable on vacation in Mauritius just a few weeks ago, had indeed parted ways. Calling the split "amicable," the source told PEOPLE they felt their relationship "had run its course."
Those close to the prince believe time and distance may have pulled the two apart. Chelsy, a law student at Leeds University, is graduating this spring and is homesick for Africa; Harry, 24, seems more committed than ever to army life, having embarked on an intensive training course to become a helicopter pilot. "He needs to concentrate 100 percent," says the royal source.
The split came as a shock to Harry's friends, some of whom hope the two will get back together. "I don't see this as long-term," a friend says of the pair, who broke up briefly in 2007. "They've had their tiffs." Another pal, however, believes this time it's for real. "It came right out of the blue," he told PEOPLE. "But I don't think if he was madly in love with her, he would have knocked it on the head. I think it is a case of, 'Let's call it a day; we had some fun.'"
- Simon Perry/London,
- Pete Norman/London.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!