Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Cat Finds Way Back to Her Family After 11 Years Apart
- Read the Cover Story: JFK Jr.: The John We Loved
- RHOC's Shannon Beador Squashes Hopes of Reconciliation with Vicki Gulvanson: 'I Don't Need to Be Her Friend'
- WATCH: Catelynn Lowell Breaks Down Over Postpartum Depression: 'I'm Not Okay'
- Cara Delevingne Flaunts Possible Engagement Ring, Reveals She's a Member of the Mile High Club
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- February 09, 2009
- Vol. 71
- No. 5
Harry & Chelsy It's Over!
After Five Years, the Prince and His Girlfriend Call It Quits
In this case, looks were deceiving. For on Jan. 24, a royal source took the unusual step of confirming reports that the couple, who looked in love and adorable on vacation in Mauritius just a few weeks ago, had indeed parted ways. Calling the split "amicable," the source told PEOPLE they felt their relationship "had run its course."
Those close to the prince believe time and distance may have pulled the two apart. Chelsy, a law student at Leeds University, is graduating this spring and is homesick for Africa; Harry, 24, seems more committed than ever to army life, having embarked on an intensive training course to become a helicopter pilot. "He needs to concentrate 100 percent," says the royal source.
The split came as a shock to Harry's friends, some of whom hope the two will get back together. "I don't see this as long-term," a friend says of the pair, who broke up briefly in 2007. "They've had their tiffs." Another pal, however, believes this time it's for real. "It came right out of the blue," he told PEOPLE. "But I don't think if he was madly in love with her, he would have knocked it on the head. I think it is a case of, 'Let's call it a day; we had some fun.'"
- Simon Perry/London,
- Pete Norman/London.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!