Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,181 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Griffin O'Neal: 'My Whole Family Has Been Destroyed To Smithereens From Addiction and Alcoholism'
- The Style Top 5: Taylor Swift Goes Wedding Dress Shopping (For Her BFF),
Celebs' Share Their Makeup-Free Selfies and More
- Body of Missing 6-Year-Old Who Was Vacationing with Family Before Texas Floods Hit Has Been Found
- A Ripped Jake Gyllenhaal Vacations in Italy with Longtime Best Friend Greta Caruso
- Prince William Swallows His Pride to Award FA Cup Trophy to Rival Team
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- February 09, 2009
- Vol. 71
- No. 5
A Girl's Gift to the Homeless
Second Grader Hannah Turner Has Brought Socks to 3,500 of Ohio's Homeless Population
Today nonprofit Hannah's Socks (www.hannahssocks.org) has helped some 3,500 people in Ohio. Cash and in-kind donations come from schools and churches that Hannah visits, driven by dad Vic, a school aide. "Hannah's awe-inspiring," says Rodney Schuster, a vice president of Cherry Street.
The second grader and chief sock-counter says of the homeless, "I want them to know we care." That resonates with John, 37, who lost his fast-food job and says the girl who gave him thermal socks warmed his heart: "If more people were like Hannah, the world would be a better place."
Know a hero? Send suggestions to HEROESAMONGUS@PEOPLEMAG.COM
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!