Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Prom Queen! Wisconsin Teen with Painful Disease Gets Her Last Dance Before She Decides to End Her Life
- Read the Cover Story: JFK Jr.: The John We Loved
- Olympic Officials Will Not Ban Russian Athletes Following Doping Scandal
- Bernie Sanders Calls for Democratic Leader to Step Down Following Email Leaks: 'She Should Resign, Period'
- Kim Kardashian Raps Along to THAT Kanye Lyric About Taylor Swift After Epic Feud
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- February 02, 2009
- Vol. 71
- No. 4
One Enchanted Evening
Michelle Obama's Inaugural Ball Gown Dazzled—and Put a Relatively Unknown Young Designer on the Fashion Map
"I wanted the dress to reflect hope, fantasy, a dream [because] this is a pretty surreal moment we're living in," says Wu.
"The dress is silk chiffon with a crepe lining and organza flowers embellished with Swarovski crystals," says the designer. "My four friends and I were sewing on flowers in my studio. I kept putting on flowers after flowers, I didn't know when to stop."
THE PRACTICAL DETAILS
"I wanted it to move beautifully—she had 10 parties to go to," says Wu. "I wanted her to have something that wasn't going to wrinkle, and it had to be something that was going to photograph beautifully."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!