Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,172 covers and 54,888 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Gunman Kills Man, Shoots Himself at Manhattan Home Depot, NYPD Says
- The Style Top 5: A Look at a Sexy New Jeans Ad (Starring Adrian Grenier)
Kendall Jenner's Makeup Secret & More
- Ashley Wagner Makes History at Figure Skating Championship (VIDEO)
- Caution: These Super Bowl Dips Will Make You Melt
- Go Behind-the-Scenes of the Sundance Film Festival!
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Sunday January 25, 2015 05:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- February 02, 2009
- Vol. 71
- No. 4
The Mix Master
The First Lady Goes High-Low in a Custom-Made Design, Diamonds to Die For—and Gloves You Can Get at the Mall
J. CREW GLOVES
"We couldn't ask for a more elegant customer!" J. Crew creative director Jenna Lyons says of Michelle, who wore green leather gloves, which will be available for purchase next fall.
Diamond studs surrounded by pavé stones (estimated at 2 carats) added a sophisticated touch of bling to what a friend calls Michelle's "clean, polished, pulled-together" look.
ISABEL TOLEDO DRESS AND COAT
She chose to wear an "optimistic" spring color, Cuban-born Toledo said, but the First Lady's Swiss wool lace frock and matching coat had an extra lining to help combat the frigid temperatures. Similar items will be sold at Barneys this spring.
JIMMY CHOO PUMPS
Green is the new black. "These are not traditionally patriotic colors," style expert Stacy London says of Michelle's chartreuse ensemble and bottle-green pumps. "She's saying, 'I'm going to be a different kind of First Lady.'"
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!