Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,181 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Sharon Osbourne Taking One-Month Break from The Talk After Collapsing
- Read the Cover Story – Tess Holliday: The World's First Size 22 Supermodel!
- Robert De Niro Gives Blunt, Funny, Inspiring Commencement Speech to Acting School Grads
- Chris Pratt Apologizes in Advance for Potential 'JurassicGate' and Misbehaving on Press Tour
- Kris Jenner Tries to Embarrass Daughters Kourtney and Kim Kardashian with a Throwback Pic of Their Model Poses
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- February 02, 2009
- Vol. 71
- No. 4
The Color is Strong and Regal–Not a Stretch for the Nation's New First Lady Michelle Obama
In a Maria Pinto dress at a June 3 rally in St. Paul.
The bejeweled purple dress she wore in this 2008 Obama family portrait is warm but elegant.
TAKES AFTER MOMMY!
Passing on her color sense to Sasha in Colorado Aug. 25.
THE PERFECT DO
Michelle is versatile, practical and chic—and her modern hairstyle can more than keep up
"Initially, [Michelle] was wearing a flip, but it wasn't working anymore because her hair started to grow," explains her stylist Johnny Wright of Frédéric Fekkai. Instead, he gave her a blunt bob with layers. "It's more youthful-looking and works well with her face shape." Plus, it's a cut "she can wear in a ponytail or a low chignon." Wright thinks the style works especially well in the White House: "It's First Lady-looking because the height gives her that crown appeal."
HER MUST-HAVE PRODUCTS
Frédéric Fekkai Coiff Perfecteur Anti-Frizz Silkening Creme ($25) and Shea Butter conditioner ($23); sephora.com
How do the Obama ladies stay stylish—even with D.C.'s 26° temperatures? With warm, cozy coats in flattering shapes
MICHELLE OBAMA in a Sonia Rykiel coat in Baltimore Jan. 17.
MICHELLE OBAMA in a Narciso Rodriguez coat in Washington, D.C., Jan. 18.
Get the Look!
HONEE Glitter Tweed coat, $105; nordstrom.com for stores
SPIEGEL Cashmere-blend swing coat, $99; spiegel.com
SASHA AND MALIA wore J. Crew wool coats on Jan. 18 and Jan. 20. The coats will be available for purchase in fall '09.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!