Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Khloé Kardashian Looks Incredible in Throwback Workout Photo: 'I NEED the Gym in My Life'
- Read the Cover Story: Adele’s Triumphant Return: How Love Changed Her Life
- Eva Longoria, Christie Brinkley & More Sizzling Celeb Swimwear Pics
- The Most Stylish Tech Gifts To Give This Year
- Zac Efron Debuts an Impressive New Mustache on Japanese Vacation
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- March 16, 2009
- Vol. 71
- No. 10
A Chance to Dance
For a Group of Children with Down Syndrome, a Special Dance Class in Boston Brings Confidence—and Joy
And that's no small feat: Isaiah and his 13 classmates have Down syndrome. For many of them, basic coordination used to be a challenge, but now they spin and sashay, more or less on cue—thanks to Mickey Cassella, director of physical therapy at Children's Hospital Boston, who in 2002 teamed with the Boston Ballet to create the first-of-its-kind adaptive dance program. While ballet pros like Gianni Di Marco teach—offering the class at a nominal fee—Cassella, 67, and other physical therapists lend a hand as the kids spend an hour bending, stretching and bopping to the beat of a drum, ending each class with a group hug—"My favorite part," says Faye Jones, 15.
Cassella delights in watching her 43 enthusiastic students, who range in age from 6 to 19. "They've gone way beyond my wildest expectations," she says. "When I see their smiles—that's everything to me. That's the joy of movement."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!