Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,178 covers and 55,102 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Read This Boston Marathon Bombing Survivor's Open Letter to Dzhokhar Tsarnaev
- Read the Cover Story: What Caused This Teenager to Murder His Parents?
- Kimberly Henderson, Single Mom and Viral Star, on Her Incredible Journey
- Grey Gardens Filmmaker Albert Maysles Dies at 88
- Juliette Lewis Talks Quitting Drugs at 22, Battling Mania 'My Entire Life'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- March 09, 2009
- Vol. 71
- No. 9
Blast from the Past
For Their Red-Carpet Close-Ups, These Winners Channeled Style Icons Who Once Took Home Golden Guys Themselves
Channeling the regal beauty of Grace Kelly, the Best Actress winner oozes old Hollywood glam with a "soft, slicked back" look full of body and waves, says Winslet's hairstylist Frédéric Fekkai's Renato Campora. But he didn't want to go too over-the-top retro: "I wanted it to be modern, dynamic and show the face," says Campora, who was also inspired by the star's asymmetrical Atelier Yves Saint Laurent by Stefano Pilati gown. "It's the Oscars—you want to look good but not overdone."
Cruz's hairstylist Andy LeCompte of Solo Artists pulled the Best Supporting Actress winner's hair into a "clean, beautiful chignon" so it wouldn't compete with her vintage Pierre Balmain gown. "Penélope just kept saying, 'Like a ballerina!'"
March 06, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!