Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,277 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Wins 'Fight of the Century' Against Manny Pacquiao
- The Style Top 5: All the Stars Are Going Gray, Amal Clooney's Stylish Sister Hits N.Y.C and More
- Outlander Recap: Jamie Meets Someone from His Past and Claire Plays Midwife to Jenny
- Decorate the Ultimate Kim Kardashian Fan Cake
- Marchesa Has a New Wedding Dress Collection, and We Think Sofia Vergara (and Other Engaged Celebs) Would Look Perfect in It
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- February 23, 2009
- Vol. 71
- No. 7
Up for An Oscar for the Sixth Time, the 33-Year-Old Talks About Nude Scenes, Parenting Tactics—and Why She'll Never Wear a Puffy Pink Skirt Again
At first it was absolutely terrifying. I had nothing from my own life that I could compare with her. I thought, "Do I have the chops?" Then I was like, "Kate, stop fannying around like a massive girl and get on with it." Even if I didn't like her, I had to understand her.
And all the nude scenes?
I was fine. Honestly, I'm a pretty ballsy chick.
How did your husband [director Sam Mendes] react to your nomination?
He was thrilled. He picked me up and swung me around.
Have you picked a dress?
Not yet. It's such fun working it out. [While I was growing up] my mother would get me to wear a pink puffball hand-me-down skirt that had to be let out because I was considerably stockier than my sister. So I never felt great dressing up. Now I just want to enjoy it!
How do you balance work with raising two kids [Mia, 8, and Joe, 5]?
With great precision. I plan everything in advance: who's dropping off, who's picking up. We have charts, maps and lists on the fridge, all over the house. I sometimes feel like I'm with the CIA.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!