Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,277 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Jay Z Defends Tidal After the New Service Is Slammed in the Press: 'We Are Human'
- The Style Top 5: Gigi Hadid Shares Her Beauty Don'ts, Blake Lively's Million Dollar Style Week and More
- Kaitlyn Smith Undergoes Second Skin Removal Surgery: 'I'm Starting to Look More Like a Teenager'
- Remembering the Possum: A Peek Inside the New George Jones Museum
- Watch Channing Tatum Get Hotter and Hotter
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- April 13, 2009
- Vol. 71
- No. 14
Inside Spelling Manor
Candy Spelling, Widow of Producer Aaron and Mom of Tori, Shows Off Her $150 Million Mega-Mansion
Spelling, 63, aims to set many facts straight in her new memoir Stories from Candyland, in which she discusses her 37-year marriage, ultra-luxe lifestyle and the house it took her four years to plan and build. "The book was cathartic for me," she says. "It's a new chapter in my life." Candy is estranged from Tori, who has her own memoir coming out later this month. "I don't really know why she's angry with me," Candy says. "I can't talk to her. I've tried that." With son Randy, 30, a life coach, also out of the house, Candy is downsizing. She plans to move into a "smaller" 17,000-sq.-ft. condo now being built and has put Spelling Manor up for sale for $150 million. "There's never been a house like this on the market," she says.
A onetime model who married Aaron in 1968 and moved into "the home we always wanted" on Valentine's Day 1991, Candy is ready for the change. "I have a lot of good memories," she says. "But this house is the equivalent of a midsize hotel. It's a lot of work." Soon she won't have to manage gardeners, security personnel and an army of housekeepers. "It was a happy family home," she says. "And now it will be someone else's."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!