Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Gritted Teeth, Clenched Fists: Will and Kate Get Really into a Post-Work Rugby Game
- Read the Cover Story: How Blake Shelton Is Moving On After Split
- Jamie Dornan Watches TV While Drinking Beer and Eating Pizza, Drives Fans Absolutely Wild
- David Beckham Trains for His Return to Soccer with Son Brooklyn and Harry Styles
- VIDEO: Find Out What Was on the Menu at Rachael Ray's Beautiful Wedding Renewal
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- March 23, 2009
- Vol. 71
- No. 11
Could You Eat for $1 a Day?
To Make a Point About Living Healthfully, Rebecca Currie Searches for Fresh Food for Less
To get started, the single Currie, a computer consultant, scoured five different stores for the lowest prices. She then planned two small meals each day: Breakfast was only half a cup of cornmeal mush, millet or steel-cut Irish oats, while dinners ranged from a cup and a half of chicken soup to a small bowl of curried eggs and rice. On her blog, lessisenough.wordpress.com, readers marveled at how rich the food looked. "I like how you make your meals appealing to the eyes," one wrote, "as well as to the body's nutritional needs." Still, by Day 22, Currie had lost eight pounds, and experts say the diet could be harmful long-term. "She's not eating enough," registered dietitian Keri Gans says, "and not getting much calcium or vitamin D."
Currie acknowledges the shortfalls of her diet—and stresses her point isn't that people should eat on so little, but "about eating well for less." So what's the first thing she planned to splurge on once her dollar days ended March 11? "A nice ham and cheese omelette—with cheese grits!" she says.
- Anne Marie Cruz.
October 10, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!