Archive Page - 08/16/13 40 years, 2,169 covers and 54,876 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Will Reeve on Robin Williams: He Loved My Father 'Fiercely'
- The Style Top 5: The Best Star Style From the PEOPLE Magazine Awards
- VIDEO: Let Darlene Love Get You in the 'Christmas' Spirit on Letterman
- Police Searching for Parents of 3-Year-Old Girl Abandoned at Los Angeles Mall
- Muhammad Ali Hospitalized with Pneumonia
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Sunday December 21, 2014 03:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- April 20, 2009
- Vol. 71
- No. 15
The Palins New Drama
The Alaska Governor Juggles Work, Family and Eruptions on the Home Front as Levi Johnston Dishes About Sex on National TV and Todd's Half-Sister Is Arrested
On the Tyra Banks Show on April 6, Johnston, 18, said he was "pretty sure" Sarah Palin knew he and Bristol were having sex, acknowledged that he "felt out of place" at the Republican National Convention last summer, and complained that his ex won't let him leave the house with Tripp. "She says that I can come see the baby ... but won't let me take him anywhere," he said. A Palin family spokeswoman issued a statement castigating Levi for taking to the airwaves with his mother, Sherry Johnston, and sister Mercede. "We're disappointed," she said, "that Levi and his family, in a quest for fame, attention and fortune, are engaging in flat-out lies."
For now it's unclear if or when the families will reconcile, but Johnston did offer an olive branch: He told Banks that, should Palin run for President in 2012, she'd get his vote.
- With reporting by Sandra Sobieraj Westfall.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!