Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- EXCLUSIVE PHOTOS! Looking Back on How The Bachelor Won Our Hearts Through the Seasons
- Read the Cover Story: Ryan Reynolds: Sexiest Sexiest Dad Alive
- Next Up, Magnum: Ben Stiller's Son Masters Blue Steel at Zoolander 2 Premiere
- VIDEO: Kim Kardashian Jokes Kris Jenner Looks Like She's 'in a Car Wash' as She Tries on Dresses for 60th Birthday Party
- Flashback! Ryan Reynolds Was PEOPLE's Sexiest Man Alive in 2010: Read the Cover Story
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 04, 2009
- Vol. 71
- No. 17
THROW A LOST FINALE PARTY!
Tropical treats to enjoy during the big event May 13
DRINKS & DIP
$7.50 PER PERSON
DRINK: A signature cocktail from Lost star Daniel Dae Kim's Honolulu hot spot The Counter. According to Kim, you'll probably need one while you watch. "The finale will be explosive," he promises.
In a cocktail shaker, mix:
• 4 fresh mint leaves, slightly mashed
• Juice of half a fresh lime
• 1 oz. Bacardi Superior
• 1 oz. mango puree
(Peel and dice a fresh mango; puree in a blender.)
• 2 oz. club soda
Serve in a tall glass.
SNACK: Dig into celebrity party planner (and Lost fanatic) Mary Giuliani's island-inspired appetizer.
In a large bowl, combine:
• 1 mango, peeled and diced
• 1 avocado, peeled and diced
• 4 tomatoes, peeled and diced
• 1 jalapeño, diced
• ½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
• ¼ cup red onion, diced
• 1 garlic clove, peeled and diced
Drizzle with 2 tbs. each of olive oil and lime juice. Stir gently, season with salt and pepper, and enjoy with tortilla chips.
LEI IT ON
Mahalo floral leis, 12 for $9.99; orientaltrading.com
PHIL KEOGHAN, host of The Amazing Race, reveals his key items for making any journey memorable
The nonstop traveler—currently on a cycling tour from L.A. to New York City to raise money for Bike MS—never leaves home without:
• A rain jacket. "Pack light, but pack right. Always have clothing to protect you from the elements."
• A diary. "I take notes on everything! It becomes a great record; you can go back and see what you did on that day."
• A sense of humor. "A lot of people are judgmental if things work differently from what they're used to. You have to have the right attitude."
Traveler's journal, $9.59; amazon.com
Packable rain jacket, $24.99; landsend.com
FANNY PACKS: THEY'RE BACK!
Typically associated with overweight tourists wearing Hawaiian shirts, fanny packs are suddenly hip, thanks to celebs like Madonna (who wore one on a March trip to Malawi) and John Mayer, who hailed the lumbar bag on Twitter as "one of the best inventions ever."
Victorinox Swiss Army lumbar waist pack, $32; swissarmy.com
We Asked ...
What Do You Always Pack for a Trip?
"I take a really good bag—and my boyfriend."
"My Kindle. I never thought I'd let go of actual books, but I like it."
"A prerecording of my daughter's voice. When I miss her, I press 'play.'"
"I always bring my iPod or my laptop. I can't live without technology."
DINNER FOR FOUR UNDER $10
The celebrity chef and cookbook author shares his fast and flavorful chicken recipe
CHICKEN THIGHS WITH BRAZILIAN "VINAIGRETTE" SALSA
• 8 chicken thighs, skin on and bones removed
• 2 tsp. coarse sea salt
• 6 tbs. butter, melted
• 2 tbs. garlic, minced
• 1 tsp. bay leaf, ground
• 1 cup tomato, peeled, seeded and diced
• ½ cup red bell pepper, diced
• ½ cup green bell pepper, diced
• 3 tbs. white wine vinegar
• 3-4 tbs. olive oil
• salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Season chicken with salt.
2. In a small bowl, combine butter, garlic and bay leaf.
3. Place the chicken skin-side down on the grill and brush with the butter-garlic blend. Cook for seven minutes, turn over, and baste with more of the butter mixture. Continue to cook for another seven minutes, turn back to the skin side and cook for seven minutes more. Turn over one last time and cook until a thermometer inserted into the deepest portion of the thighs registers 160° to 165° (about seven minutes longer). Remove from pan. Serves four to six.
4. For the Brazilian vinaigrette salsa, combine diced tomato, red and green bell peppers, white wine vinegar, olive oil and salt and pepper in a medium bowl and stir well. Allow it to sit at room temperature for at least an hour before serving.
With raves from stars like Ellen DeGeneres, Mario Lopez and Rex Lee (and a shelf life of four months), wines that come in a box are becoming the toast of Hollywood. Varieties include pinot grigio and Shiraz.
California merlot, 3 liters, $24.99; walmart.com
CHEAP & FANCY
JAZZED UP JELL-O
Want to add a cool twist to your Jell-O? Hollow out an orange and use it as a single-serving mold. This fruity idea comes from London "jelly mongers" Sam Bompas and Harry Parr, who've been reshaping how people view gelatin. Says Bompas: "You don't need fancy molds to get fancy Jell-O."
- CONTRIBUTORS Antoinette Y. Coulton,
- Amy Elisa Keith,
- Suzanne Zuckerman,
- with Moira Bailey,
- Shruti Dhalwala,
- Jeffrey Slonim.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!