Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,186 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Tamera Mowry-Housley: Why I Named My Daughter Ariah Talea
- Read the Cover Story: Growing Up Kennedy!
Exclusive Family Photos from White House Nanny
- Johnny Depp – Dressed as Jack Sparrow – Surprises Sick Children at Hospital
- Hillary Clinton Says She's 'Very Disappointed' in Donald Trump for Immigration Comments
- Judge Rules Suge Knight to Stand Trial for Murder – Despite Witness' Refusal to Identify Him
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 04, 2009
- Vol. 71
- No. 17
Bella & Tarra BFFS
One's a Dog. The Other's An Elephant. Inside the Interspecies Friendship That Has Moved Millions
Elephants are social creatures and most of the 17 at Hohenwald have paired off. In 2002 Tarra, a former tire store mascot, was spotted asleep in the grass with new arrival Bella curled next to her massive head. Five years later, when the dog was injured, the elephant stood vigil for two weeks outside the onsite clinic. Granted a visit, Tarra "touched her so gently with her trunk that Bella immediately relaxed," says Buckley. Now healed, Bella and her big pal, already a hit in a CBS video that went viral on the Internet, may become the subjects of an animated film. Will fame cause a rift? Buckley doubts it. When last seen, "Bella was leaning on Tarra's foot, getting petted by her trunk."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!