Archive Page - 08/16/13 40 years, 2,168 covers and 54,870 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- VIDEO: Check Out GhostSwimmer, the Navy's Scary/Awesome Robot Shark Drone
- Read the Cover Story: Family and Friends Remember Robin Williams
- Which Reality Star Helped Demi Lovato Love Her Body?
- 8-Year-Old Raises More Than $1 Million to Help Cure His Friend's Rare Disease
- Nick Lachey and The Sing-Off Are Back
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Wednesday December 17, 2014 04:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 11, 2009
- Vol. 71
- No. 18
Carol's New Home
Requiring a Wheelchair After a Brutal Beating, Carol Armstrong Couldn't Get Around Her House—until Her Neighbors Came to the Rescue
After the local paper ran her story in 2006, painters, designers and builders from the local home-builders association decided to build her a new home with wheelchair ramps and new appliances; she moved into the house in January. Now she can make French toast and make sure her boys are doing their homework. Says Carol, whose husband, James, 40, an electrical engineer, used to carry her to other rooms: "My life is totally different now."
Know a hero? Send suggestions to email@example.com
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!