Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Gwyneth Paltrow Celebrates Her 44th Birthday with a Makeup-Free Selfie
- Read the Cover Story: Brad & Angelina Split After 12 Years: It's Over
- Barack Obama Leads Tributes as Former Israeli President Shimon Peres Dies at 93
- Halle Berry Stuns in Pink and Black David Koma Bodycon Dress at Revlon Luncheon
- Protesters Gather as Man Is Shot and Wounded by San Diego Police: Report
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 18, 2009
- Vol. 71
- No. 19
Las Vegas Entertainer Danny Gans 1956-2009
A Mainstay on the Strip for 13 Years, the Top-Drawing Impressionist Stuns Vegas with His Untimely Death
Tragically, he was right. On May 1 the modern-day Rich Little died in his sleep. Two days earlier the seemingly healthy 52-year-old was in top form for his sold-out show. At press time the cause of death was unknown, but authorities do not suspect foul play. Says Robin Leach: "We lost a piece of Vegas history."
Once a minor-league baseball player from Torrance, Calif., Gans suffered a career-ending injury in 1978. So he took his casual dugout impressions on the road, playing corporate events and Broadway before Vegas beckoned. Offstage, the married dad of three hosted charity golf tournaments. "He was one of the most admired guys in Vegas," says Regis Philbin. Adds Gans's pal Celine Dion: "Not only was he the best in his field, but he was such a kind and loving person."
- With Mark Gray/Las Vegas.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!