Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,181 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Hocus Pocus Witches to Join Other Disney Villains Onstage
- The Best Photos from the Week of May 25- June 1, 2015
- Cop Attends Texas Teen's Graduation After Breaking News of Parents' Death
- It's Official! Eddie Redmayne Is Starring in the Harry Potter Prequel
- Missing Texas Mom Laura McComb's Body Identified
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 18, 2009
- Vol. 71
- No. 19
Las Vegas Entertainer Danny Gans 1956-2009
A Mainstay on the Strip for 13 Years, the Top-Drawing Impressionist Stuns Vegas with His Untimely Death
Tragically, he was right. On May 1 the modern-day Rich Little died in his sleep. Two days earlier the seemingly healthy 52-year-old was in top form for his sold-out show. At press time the cause of death was unknown, but authorities do not suspect foul play. Says Robin Leach: "We lost a piece of Vegas history."
Once a minor-league baseball player from Torrance, Calif., Gans suffered a career-ending injury in 1978. So he took his casual dugout impressions on the road, playing corporate events and Broadway before Vegas beckoned. Offstage, the married dad of three hosted charity golf tournaments. "He was one of the most admired guys in Vegas," says Regis Philbin. Adds Gans's pal Celine Dion: "Not only was he the best in his field, but he was such a kind and loving person."
- With Mark Gray/Las Vegas.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!