Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,172 covers and 54,888 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- 360º of SAG Red Carpet Glamour
- The Best Photos from the Week of Jan. 19- Jan. 25, 2015
- Doritos Wants You to Pick Its Super Bowl Ad
- Will Derick Dillard Embrace Fatherhood? A 19 Kids & Counting Sneak Peek (VIDEO)
- On Anniversary of Auschwitz's Liberation, a Survivor Remembers Living Through the Gas Chamber
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday January 27, 2015 07:10AM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
Make a Sand Cake!
Topped by Sugar-Cookie 'Sand,' This Shore-Themed Treat—Sserved in a Beach Pail!—will Please Kids and Adults Alike
It's a Cake!
Serves: 10 to 12
Hands-on Time: 25 min.
Total Time: 1 hr.
1 (5.25-oz.) package sugar cookies
1 (10.75-oz.) frozen butter pound cake, thawed
2 (3.9-oz.) packages chocolate instant pudding mix
3 cups milk
1 (16-oz.) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
2 tsp. vanilla extract
4 (1.4-oz.) chocolate-covered toffee candy bars, finely crushed
Garnish: chocolate candy shells (available at most candy stores)
1. Crumble cookies; process until finely crushed; set aside. (Cookies will resemble sand.) Cut pound cake into 1-inch cubes; set aside.
2. Whisk together pudding mix and milk; add whipped topping and vanilla, whisking until smooth.
3. Place half of cookie crumbs into a 3-quart sand pail; top with one-third of pudding mixture, half of cake and half of toffee bars; continue layering pudding, cake and toffee, ending with a layer of pudding. Top with remaining cookie crumbs. Cover and chill at least 30 minutes. Garnish with candy shells if desired.
January 26, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!