Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,181 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Prince Harry's Ex, Cressida Bonas, Wows Critics in One-Woman London Show
- Read the Cover Story: The Duggars' Dark Secrets
- D.C. Mansion Murders: Friends Remember Savvas and Amy Savopoulos' Love Story
- Wealthy Star Trek Fan Builds Company HQ in the Shape of the Enterprise
- Cher Fronts Marc Jacobs's Ad Campaigns at Age 69 (PHOTO)
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
Make a Sand Cake!
Topped by Sugar-Cookie 'Sand,' This Shore-Themed Treat—Sserved in a Beach Pail!—will Please Kids and Adults Alike
It's a Cake!
Serves: 10 to 12
Hands-on Time: 25 min.
Total Time: 1 hr.
1 (5.25-oz.) package sugar cookies
1 (10.75-oz.) frozen butter pound cake, thawed
2 (3.9-oz.) packages chocolate instant pudding mix
3 cups milk
1 (16-oz.) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
2 tsp. vanilla extract
4 (1.4-oz.) chocolate-covered toffee candy bars, finely crushed
Garnish: chocolate candy shells (available at most candy stores)
1. Crumble cookies; process until finely crushed; set aside. (Cookies will resemble sand.) Cut pound cake into 1-inch cubes; set aside.
2. Whisk together pudding mix and milk; add whipped topping and vanilla, whisking until smooth.
3. Place half of cookie crumbs into a 3-quart sand pail; top with one-third of pudding mixture, half of cake and half of toffee bars; continue layering pudding, cake and toffee, ending with a layer of pudding. Top with remaining cookie crumbs. Cover and chill at least 30 minutes. Garnish with candy shells if desired.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!