Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,187 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Jessica Alba's Honest Company Responds to Sunscreen Complaints: 'We Take All Consumer Feedback Very Seriously'
- The Style Top 5: Reese Witherspoon Channels Elle Woods,
Steal the Styles from Wet Hot American Summer and More
- All About Little People, Big World star Zach Roloff's Unique Poppyseed Raspberry Wedding Cake
- Christina Applegate Admits to Being "in Awe" of Chris Hemsworth's Abs
- All the Thoughts That Go Through Your Mind When You Look at JLo's Instagram
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- June 29, 2009
- Vol. 71
- No. 25
Church Under the Bridge
The Area Below Interstate 35 in Waco, Texas, Is All Concrete and Gravel, but for the 300 Souls Who Gather Each Sunday, It Feels Like Heaven
The Church Under the Bridge started in 1992 as a Bible study group after Pastor Jimmy Dorrell, 59 (center, June 14), and his wife, Janet, 52, befriended men living there. Today many of the 300 members—most of them homeless—rely on the recovery groups and hot meals the church provides.
OUTREACH TO ALL
Before service Dorrell talks to a regular, Sam Williams, about social services and where he can collect more cans. "We're going to love them in spite of themselves," says Dorrell. "We're not going to give up on them."
PRAISING THE LORD
Marvin Holcomb, 49 (far right, with his wife, Evan, 30), has stage-four lung cancer but draws strength from the church. "You can feel God's presence here," he says. "I couldn't hack it without my Sundays."
Olin Anderson, a former photographer who is homeless, sometimes portrays Jesus in the Easter service. "Most of these people you'd never find in a regular church," says another member, Michael Deleon, a handyman. "There's beauty here."
August 01, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!