Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- James Hinchcliffe: 5 Things to Know About the Dancing with the Stars Contestant
- Read the Cover Story: The Gosselins 10 Years Later: 'So Much Has Changed'
- Owen Labrie Sex Assault Victim Reveals Identity: 'I Am Not Afraid or Ashamed Anymore'
- Missing Spring Breaker Was Thrown into Alligator Pit After Being Gang Raped and Fatally Shot, FBI Agent Says
- Kylie Jenner Finds New Ways to Beat the Heat by Adding Butt Ventilation to Her Jeans
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- June 29, 2009
- Vol. 71
- No. 25
Brad Pitt, 45, and his siblings are donating $1 million to help fund a pediatric cancer care center in Springfield, Mo. The center, an affiliate of St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital, will be named St. John's Jane Pitt Pediatric Cancer Center after their mother, Jane, 68, a former teacher and parent educator. "She obviously has a heart for kids," Brad's younger brother Doug, 42 (above, inset), told PEOPLE, adding that Jane is a professional grandmother. "She has to be ... the way my sister and brother keep adding to their families!"
Former New York Giants star Michael Strahan, 37, popped the question to Nicole Murphy, 41, the ex-wife of actor Eddie Murphy, 48, on a beach in the Bahamas.
It's baby No. 2 for Carnie Wilson, 41, and husband Rob Bonfiglio, 41. The singer gave birth to daughter Luciana Bella June 12 in L.A. She joins big sister Lola, 4.
• Thomas Beatie, better known as the Pregnant Man, gave birth to a son in Bend, Ore., on June 9. Beatie, 35, who made headlines as a pregnant transgender male, and wife Nancy, 46, welcomed their first child, Susan Juliette, last June.
• The Real Housewives of New Jersey's Jacqueline Laurita, 39, and husband Chris, 43, are the parents of a new baby boy, Nicholas Francis, who was born June 4.
The Girls Next Door's Kendra Wilkinson, 24, who stars in her own show Kendra, and her fiancé, NFL wide receiver Hank Baskett, 26 (inset), have a baby on the way. "The first thing this kid is going to see when it's born is a football!" Wilkinson wrote on her blog.
• American Idol's Bo Bice, 33, and his wife, Caroline, 28, are expecting their third child next January.
Miss California U.S.A. Carrie Prejean, 22, has been stripped of her title. Prejean told Today's Matt Lauer the only reason she was fired was because of her opposing stance on same-sex marriage, which she stated on-air during the April pageant. "Most Americans know that's the reason," she said. According to pageant executive director Keith Lewis, Prejean's dismissal "was based solely on contract violations including [her] unwillingness to make appearances."
Las Vegas showman Danny Gans's death was accidental and due to a toxic reaction to hydromorphone, which the celebrity impersonator, 52, was taking for chronic pain. "This is not an issue of drug abuse," said Clark County Coroner Michael Murphy.
MADONNA WINS APPEAL
After months of legal challenges, the singer won the right to adopt Chifundo "Mercy" James, 3, from Malawi. An earlier ruling denied her petition because the court felt Madonna didn't meet residency requirements. The pop star, 50, who has daughter Lourdes, 12, and sons Rocco, 8, and David, 3 (who was also adopted from Malawi), said, "I am extremely grateful for the Supreme Court's ruling on my application to adopt Mercy James.... My family and I look forward to sharing our lives with her."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!