Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,181 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Kim Richards Travels to Mexico to Watch Her Daughter Brooke Get Married
- Read the Cover Story – Tess Holliday: The World's First Size 22 Supermodel!
- First Look! Matt Damon is Lost in Space in Ridley Scott's The Martian
- Our Body Issue Stars React to Nice Tweets about Themselves
- Prince Harry Meets Niece Princess Charlotte – Finally!
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- June 29, 2009
- Vol. 71
- No. 25
Brad Pitt, 45, and his siblings are donating $1 million to help fund a pediatric cancer care center in Springfield, Mo. The center, an affiliate of St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital, will be named St. John's Jane Pitt Pediatric Cancer Center after their mother, Jane, 68, a former teacher and parent educator. "She obviously has a heart for kids," Brad's younger brother Doug, 42 (above, inset), told PEOPLE, adding that Jane is a professional grandmother. "She has to be ... the way my sister and brother keep adding to their families!"
Former New York Giants star Michael Strahan, 37, popped the question to Nicole Murphy, 41, the ex-wife of actor Eddie Murphy, 48, on a beach in the Bahamas.
It's baby No. 2 for Carnie Wilson, 41, and husband Rob Bonfiglio, 41. The singer gave birth to daughter Luciana Bella June 12 in L.A. She joins big sister Lola, 4.
• Thomas Beatie, better known as the Pregnant Man, gave birth to a son in Bend, Ore., on June 9. Beatie, 35, who made headlines as a pregnant transgender male, and wife Nancy, 46, welcomed their first child, Susan Juliette, last June.
• The Real Housewives of New Jersey's Jacqueline Laurita, 39, and husband Chris, 43, are the parents of a new baby boy, Nicholas Francis, who was born June 4.
The Girls Next Door's Kendra Wilkinson, 24, who stars in her own show Kendra, and her fiancé, NFL wide receiver Hank Baskett, 26 (inset), have a baby on the way. "The first thing this kid is going to see when it's born is a football!" Wilkinson wrote on her blog.
• American Idol's Bo Bice, 33, and his wife, Caroline, 28, are expecting their third child next January.
Miss California U.S.A. Carrie Prejean, 22, has been stripped of her title. Prejean told Today's Matt Lauer the only reason she was fired was because of her opposing stance on same-sex marriage, which she stated on-air during the April pageant. "Most Americans know that's the reason," she said. According to pageant executive director Keith Lewis, Prejean's dismissal "was based solely on contract violations including [her] unwillingness to make appearances."
Las Vegas showman Danny Gans's death was accidental and due to a toxic reaction to hydromorphone, which the celebrity impersonator, 52, was taking for chronic pain. "This is not an issue of drug abuse," said Clark County Coroner Michael Murphy.
MADONNA WINS APPEAL
After months of legal challenges, the singer won the right to adopt Chifundo "Mercy" James, 3, from Malawi. An earlier ruling denied her petition because the court felt Madonna didn't meet residency requirements. The pop star, 50, who has daughter Lourdes, 12, and sons Rocco, 8, and David, 3 (who was also adopted from Malawi), said, "I am extremely grateful for the Supreme Court's ruling on my application to adopt Mercy James.... My family and I look forward to sharing our lives with her."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!