Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,181 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- 5 Things to Know About Alexandra Daddario
- The Style Top 5: Taylor Swift Goes Wedding Dress Shopping (For Her BFF),
Celebs' Share Their Makeup-Free Selfies and More
- Kanye West Gives Words of Wisdom to Graduating Fashion Students: 'When You're the Best, You Get Hated On the Most'
- Mom Receives 'Gift of Life' With Kidney Transplant from Son Killed Suddenly by Stroke
- Watch Rachel Dratch Turn a Dull Den into the Most Fun Room in the House
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- June 29, 2009
- Vol. 71
- No. 25
Jon & Kate An Anniversary Apart
As the Distance Between Them Grows, Jon and Kate Focus on What Still Brings Them Joy: Their Kids
Sadly, their mom and dad have yet to find such simple conflict resolution. The stars of the reality hit Jon & Kate Plus 8 spent the weekend of their 10th wedding anniversary 150 miles apart. On June 12 (the actual anniversary), Kate and the kids filmed scenes for the show at their Wernersville, Pa., home. A day later Jon had lunch with an older male friend in the Palisades Center mall in West Nyack, N.Y. "Jon was on the phone most of the time and was definitely talking to his kids," says a waiter. Friends say Jon's absence speaks volumes. "I thought they'd weather it for the publicity, to put out the flames," explains one pal. "Frankly, Jon is tired of the attention, he's tired of the marriage."
For now, the kids, who were seen frolicking in an inflatable castle over the weekend, seem blissfully unaware of any strife. "They're really oblivious to most of this," insists a source close to the family. "Jon and Kate are very careful to protect them and ensure that they're safe and happy." Still, friends hope that the future may be brighter. Says one: "I would really like to see them get out of the limelight and live as normal lives as possible."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!