Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,172 covers and 54,888 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Tom Petty on Sam Smith Settlement: 'I Have Never Had Any Hard Feelings'
- Read the Cover Story: The Untold Love Story Behind American Sniper
- Montell Jordan Sings 'This Is How We Do It' at a Buffalo Wild Wings (VIDEO)
- On-Again Couple Robin Wright and Ben Foster 'Couldn't Be a Better Match': Source
- Is Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Stealing Rihanna's Nightgown Style?
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Thursday January 29, 2015 03:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- June 29, 2009
- Vol. 71
- No. 25
Jon & Kate An Anniversary Apart
As the Distance Between Them Grows, Jon and Kate Focus on What Still Brings Them Joy: Their Kids
Sadly, their mom and dad have yet to find such simple conflict resolution. The stars of the reality hit Jon & Kate Plus 8 spent the weekend of their 10th wedding anniversary 150 miles apart. On June 12 (the actual anniversary), Kate and the kids filmed scenes for the show at their Wernersville, Pa., home. A day later Jon had lunch with an older male friend in the Palisades Center mall in West Nyack, N.Y. "Jon was on the phone most of the time and was definitely talking to his kids," says a waiter. Friends say Jon's absence speaks volumes. "I thought they'd weather it for the publicity, to put out the flames," explains one pal. "Frankly, Jon is tired of the attention, he's tired of the marriage."
For now, the kids, who were seen frolicking in an inflatable castle over the weekend, seem blissfully unaware of any strife. "They're really oblivious to most of this," insists a source close to the family. "Jon and Kate are very careful to protect them and ensure that they're safe and happy." Still, friends hope that the future may be brighter. Says one: "I would really like to see them get out of the limelight and live as normal lives as possible."
January 29, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!