Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,173 covers and 55,054 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Will Amal Clooney's Client Soon See Freedom?
- The Style Top 5: Sarah Jessica Parker Brings Her Shoe Line to Zappos, Katy Perry Preps for the Super Bowl and More
- Chris Pratt and Anna Faris Let Loose at Super Bowl Party
- Busy Philipps Says 'There Were a Lot of Tears' When Cougar Town Shot Its Last Episode
- 7 Reasons We're Pumped for the Kitten Bowl
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Sunday February 01, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- July 27, 2009
- Vol. 72
- No. 4
Cat Cora's ...
BRUNCH FOR FOUR UNDER $10
The Iron Chef serves up a quick and tasty bite
• 4 eggs, scrambled
• 4 large pocketless pitas (whole wheat works well)
• 8 tbsp. feta cheese, crumbled
• 16 kalamata olives, chopped
• 4 tsp. fresh oregano, chopped
1. Scramble eggs in large skillet.
2. Place a quarter of the scrambled eggs on top of each pita. Top with feta cheese, olives and oregano.
3. Fold pita over; cut in half. Repeat for four servings.
Food Network's Iron Chef America returns in August on Sundays, 9 p.m.
According to Cora, a new culinary trend is flavor-infused vinegars. "They add so much more flavor," says Cora. Use them on salads or to marinate meats like pork chops. Red Wine Vinegar (50 ml.), $7; www.roundpond.com
New York City
Famed as the spot where Meg Ryan (with Billy Crystal) moaned over lunch in When Harry Met Sally, this deli's pastrami is an example of "what we do far better in New York than anywhere else," Bourdain says.
Anthony Bourdain's ...
EATING ON THE ROAD
The Travel Channel host shares his top picks for local joints
Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations airs Mondays at 10 p.m. on the Travel Channel
RED'S JAVA HOUSE
This no-frills burger shack "is the antidote" to the city's political correctness. "They refuse even to put away the mop pail!"
Known for its cured meats, this lunch spot is about "nice people doing something delicious and old-school."
Kansas City, Kans.
"You go to Kansas City for barbecue—that's what they DO there. I'm on record as preferring Oklahoma Joe's burnt ends."
My Travel Must!
Pack a pillow and a blanket on your next flight—or follow KELLY RUTHERFORD's lead with this siliconized polyester blanket that easily folds up into a pillow. Sold by the Westin hotel chain (and inspired by blankets used in first class on United Airlines), the comfy combo "helps me feel relaxed on the road," the Gossip Girl star says.
CONVERTS TO A PILLOW
HEAVENLY TRAVEL BLANKET, $60; westinhotelsathome.com
Genevieve Gorder ...
INSIDE MY HOME
The new judge of HGTV's Design Star opens her New York City apartment to reveal her favorite items
"The color reminds me of many trips to Sardinia, one of my favorite places," says Gorder. "Every room needs a moment that smiles; this is my smile in our living room."
"I hung this bitterroot upside down to make it feel like a tree of life for my daughter's room."
"I bought this at the Chelsea Market in New York. It's incredibly functional, and turquoise is one of my favorite accent colors atop natural linen."
"Sifting through a salvage shop, I found these turn-of-the-century knobs from the New York public school system. They've lived in my home on every door ever since."
HGTV's Design Star kicks off a new season on Sunday, July 19 at 10 p.m. ET/PT.
Get the Look!
Inspired by Gorder's bold patterns and antique accents? Here's her design on a dime
Karlstad chair, $299; ikea.com for stores
Palazzo Damask pillow, $43.95; wrapables.com
Grapewood branch (18"-24"), $24.50; nettletonhollow.com
Arthurian knob, $14; anthropologie.com
- CONTRIBUTORS Antoinette Y. Coulton,
- Amy Elisa Keith,
- with Jed Dreben.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!