Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- FROM EW: Full House Home Goes on Sale for $4.15 Million
- Read the Cover Story: Steve Harvey: From Homeless to Having It All
- Johnny Depp Fits Hearing Aids at Charity Event in Portugal on Same Day Amber Heard Granted Restraining Order Against Actor
- WWII Fighter Plane Crashes in Hudson River
- Zac Efron Gushes About His 'O.G Crew' in High School Musical-Themed Throwback Photo
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- July 13, 2009
- Vol. 72
- No. 2
ROMANTIC DATE NIGHT
The pop star—and aspiring cook!—knows the way to a woman's heart is with a great meal
$10 FOR TWO!
SET THE MOOD!
In addition to songs from his latest album, Departure: Recharged, McCartney's romantic playlist includes a mix of up-tempo tunes and standard ballads:
Chasing Pavements, Adele
Let's Stay Together, Al Green
I'll Be There, Jackson 5
First Day of My Life, Bright Eyes
Rockin' That Thang, The Dream
ON THE TABLE
"I always purchase orchids from the farmers' market," he says.
• 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
• 1 ½ lbs. ground beef, formed into 4 patties
• Salt and pepper to taste
• Worcestershire sauce (if desired)
• 4 slices cheddar cheese
• 4 hamburger buns
1. Heat oil in a large, heavy skillet (cast iron skillet suggested) over medium high heat. When pan is hot, add burgers seasoned with salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce. Cook 7 minutes, flip and continue cooking for 7-8 more minutes or until done.
2. Place a slice of cheese on each burger while still in the skillet. Cook for an additional minute for cheese to melt. Serve on a bun with your favorite condiments.
• 4 large potatoes
• ½ tbsp. ground thyme
• ½ tsp. black pepper
• 1 tbsp. olive oil
• ½ tsp. salt
• ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Cut potatoes into strips and pat dry with a paper towel. Place in bowl and toss with thyme and pepper; drizzle with oil.
2. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes.
3. Sprinkle cheese and salt evenly. Bake for another 10 minutes to brown.
Matthew McConaughey's ...
SUMMER GRILLING TIPS
NOTHING'S BETTER THAN CHARCOAL: "I have a gas grill built into the house, but it doesn't taste as good. So charcoal, 100 percent. Light it—and then have your first beer!"
KEEP THE HEAT LOW: "I don't like to cook meat over high heat. I wait until the embers are almost down—that's when I put the steaks on. And by the time I take them off, the coals are too cold to cook on."
USE A DRY RUB: "I can't give out the recipe to my dry rub; it's a secret. But it's got a paprika base and a little brown sugar. Then before it hits the grill, I rub it down with a good olive oil."
GET THIS SIZZLIN' GRILL
Originally $599, this cooks Outdoor Grill is on sale at JCPenney for $199—and PEOPLE readers get an additional 15% off! Just go to jcp.com and, during checkout, enter promotion code People15. Offer expires July 12.
Readers should enter promotion code People15 on www.jcp.com. This is a one-time promotion on the cooks Outdoor Grill, RN780-2176. Offer valid from 7/3/09-7/12/09.
Robert Lee Morris's ...
After designing a jewelry line for the Olsen twins, he unveils a home collection for QVC
MY DECORATING MUST-HAVE
The new judge on HGTV Design Star, Candice Olson, loves Tocca home candles, especially the Feu de Touch fragrance. "Walking into any room with this scent just makes me go, 'Yummm!'" she says.
$16 for 2.85 oz.; tocca.com
See Candice on HGTV Design Star on July 19 at 10 p.m.
PORCELAIN 12-OZ. SQUARE MUG, $21 for set of 4; qvc.com
Bold-colored pieces are "eye candy" in your home, he says.
"ECHOES" SET OF TWO SERVING UTENSILS $27.50; qvc.com
Morris says this pattern "comes from the idea of water."
CANDY BOWL WITH GOLDEN INTERIOR FINISH $46.00; qvc.com
Pieces like this one "add calming moments to your home," he says.
WAVES METAL CHIP AND DIP BOWL $75; qvc.com
Morris says the message of his design is "just simplify and focus."
CONAN O'BRIEN'S MUG
You might never be behind the desk of The Tonight Show, but look the part with this take on O'Brien's mug. $14; nbcuniversalstore.com
- CONTRIBUTORS Antoinette Y. Coulton,
- Amy Elisa Keith,
- with Julie Jordan,
- Elizabeth Leonard,
- Suzanne Zuckerman.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!