Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- WATCH: Remembering Gene Wilder's Most Iconic Roles
- Read the Cover Story: The Gosselins 10 Years Later: 'So Much Has Changed'
- Larry and Shawn King Seen Together Holding Hands Amid Cheating Rumors
- Huma Abedin's Defenders Rally Around Her with Pleas for Privacy Following Anthony Weiner Split
- Teyana Taylor from 'Fade' Says She 'Eats Everything' and Doesn't Hit the Gym: 'Dancing is My Workout'
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- July 06, 2009
- Vol. 72
- No. 1
Brothers by Choice
A 58-Year Age Difference Didn't Keep David Loughran and Chester Ross from Becoming the Best of Friends
By 18, kids typically age out of the Big Brothers Big Sisters program. But as David was finishing high school, Chester offered to pay his pal's college tuition. David kept coming round, bringing girlfriends to meet his "brother" and later tapped Chester, then 90, to be best man at his wedding. In 2005 David named his baby son Colby Ross Loughran. Thirty years on, Chester, 95, and David, 37, remain close.
These days the two men—whose wonderful long friendship was recently celebrated at a gala by Family Services of Westchester, the agency that matched them—encourage others to volunteer for the program that brought them together. "I got as much out of it as David did," says Chester. "There were times when I couldn't wait for Sunday."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!