Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Man in Army Fatigues Arrested in Pennsylvania Theater Allegedly Had Stolen Gun, Ammunition and Respirator
- Read the Cover Story: George Turns 3: The Preschool Prince!
- JoJo Drops Wiz Khalifa Collab, Announces First Album Since Label Lawsuit: 'I Never Left' – But 'I Didn't Own My Voice' for 7 Years
- Tennessee Dad Drowns While Trying to Save Daughters from Rip Current – How to Stay Safe in the Ocean This Summer
- The Real Story Behind Miss Cleo: How a Junior TV Reporter Blew the Lid Off Her Psychic Scandal
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- July 06, 2009
- Vol. 72
- No. 1
Brothers by Choice
A 58-Year Age Difference Didn't Keep David Loughran and Chester Ross from Becoming the Best of Friends
By 18, kids typically age out of the Big Brothers Big Sisters program. But as David was finishing high school, Chester offered to pay his pal's college tuition. David kept coming round, bringing girlfriends to meet his "brother" and later tapped Chester, then 90, to be best man at his wedding. In 2005 David named his baby son Colby Ross Loughran. Thirty years on, Chester, 95, and David, 37, remain close.
These days the two men—whose wonderful long friendship was recently celebrated at a gala by Family Services of Westchester, the agency that matched them—encourage others to volunteer for the program that brought them together. "I got as much out of it as David did," says Chester. "There were times when I couldn't wait for Sunday."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!