Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,189 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Zoë Saldana's Advice on Getting Fit After Baby: 'Be Easy on Yourself'
- Read the Cover Story: Meet the American Heroes Who Stopped French Train Attack
- FROM EW: The Vampire Diaries Says Goodbye to 'Queen Bee' Nina Dobrev
- Jessa Seewald's Father-in-Law Says 'Wicked' Josh Duggar Is a Hypocritical Christian
- Boots the 'Kitten Nanny' Dog Hired by Arizona Humane Society to Get Cats Adopted
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- July 06, 2009
- Vol. 72
- No. 1
Brothers by Choice
A 58-Year Age Difference Didn't Keep David Loughran and Chester Ross from Becoming the Best of Friends
By 18, kids typically age out of the Big Brothers Big Sisters program. But as David was finishing high school, Chester offered to pay his pal's college tuition. David kept coming round, bringing girlfriends to meet his "brother" and later tapped Chester, then 90, to be best man at his wedding. In 2005 David named his baby son Colby Ross Loughran. Thirty years on, Chester, 95, and David, 37, remain close.
These days the two men—whose wonderful long friendship was recently celebrated at a gala by Family Services of Westchester, the agency that matched them—encourage others to volunteer for the program that brought them together. "I got as much out of it as David did," says Chester. "There were times when I couldn't wait for Sunday."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!