Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,173 covers and 55,054 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- 13-Year-Old Boy Saves Dog from Burning Building (VIDEO)
- The Style Top 5: Sarah Jessica Parker Brings Her Shoe Line to Zappos, Katy Perry Preps for the Super Bowl and More
- VIDEO: Sue Has Something to Show Becky on Glee – and It's a Tad Creepy
- Will Reeve on Getting the Call from ESPN: I Thought 'Wow, This is Big'
- See Suge Knight's Lengthy Rap Sheet
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Friday January 30, 2015 04:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- August 31, 2009
- Vol. 72
- No. 9
OPRAH'S NYC TREATS
The mogul recently hit the Big Apple and indulged in a few of her favorite things. Here's the dish!
Oprah popped into Dylan's Candy Bar on Aug. 9 to buy some of her favorite candied fruit slices and dipped them in chocolate. www.dylanscandybar.com
DINNER FOR FOUR UNDER $10
BEIJING CHICKEN AT PHILIPPE CHOW RESTAURANT
• 4 chicken breasts cut into 1-in. cubes
• 2 tbsp. Canola oil
• 4 tbsp. sweet bean paste (found in any Asian market)
• 2 tsp. chicken stock or water
• flour for dredging
• salt to taste
• candied walnuts (optional)
1. Place the cleaned chicken in a metal strainer and sprinkle flour on it. Shake excess off and set aside. Heat a large nonstick pan on high and add canola oil. Sautee chicken until cooked thoroughly and light brown on all sides, about 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside.
2. In the hot pan, add bean paste and chicken stock to soften the bean paste. If the pan gets too hot, turn down to medium setting. Then add chicken back to the pan and mix until well incorporated and sauce covers the chicken. Finally, serve and plate. Add the candied walnuts on top for a garnish. (To make this dish spicy, add two Thai chili peppers when cooking the bean paste and chicken stock.)
Feel like adding an A-list twist to your next gathering? Enjoy these celeb favorite concoctions from some of the hottest spots in the country
ACAI WATERMELON COOLER
Bond Street in Beverly Hills
• Veev acai spirit
• Fresh watermelon juice
• Muddled mint
• Club soda, all to taste
Shake together and serve.
Blue Parrot Restaurant in East Hampton, N.Y.
• 8 fresh spearmint leaves
• ½ lime, sliced
• 2 tbsp. bar sugar
• 2½ oz. white rum
• 1 tbsp. lime juice
• 2 oz. Coco Lopez cream of coconut
• 1½ cup ice cubes
Muddle mint, sugar and lime in a glass, add remaining ingredients, shake well. Add a splash of seltzer, garnish with lime.
Avenue Lounge in N.Y.C.
• 4 raspberries muddled in lemonade
• 3 mint leaves
• A splash of raspberry puree
• ½ oz. agave nectar
• 1 oz. Absolut Mandarin
• 1 oz. Absolut Raspberri
Shake; garnish with raspberries.
LIV IT UP
LIV at the Fontainebleau in Miami
• 1.5 oz. Belvedere vodka
• 0.5 oz peach schnapps
• 2 oz. sugar-free Red Bull
• 2 oz. soda
• Squeeze of lemon
Shake and pour over ice and garnish with lemon rind. Serve in a collins glass.
SkyBar in West Hollywood
• Muddle 4 strawberries
• 3/4 oz. simple syrup
• 3/4 oz. lemon juice
• 4 basil leaves
• Add 1½ oz. Makers
Shake and strain over ice and garnish with basil and strawberry.
These unique sites offer a transparent thrill
Step out into one of three glass boxes that extend more than four feet from the 103rd floor of the Willis Tower. Your reward? An unobstructed view of the city.
CHIHULY BRIDGE OF GLASS
WHERE: Tacoma, Wash.
Colorful glass installations line this 500-ft.-long pedestrian bridge, which links downtown to the city's waterfront.
GRAND CANYON SKYWALK
WHERE: Grand Canyon West, Ariz.
This horseshoe-shaped, glass-bottom bridge hangs 4,000 feet above the Colorado River.
This glass cube, located in the observation tower of the Eureka Skydeck, projects nearly 10 feet off the building's side and more than 900 feet above the ground.
- CONTRIBUTORS Antoinette Y. Coulton,
- Amy Elisa Keith.
January 30, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!