- New Mom Ginger Zee on How DWTS Has Changed Her Body: 'I'm Really Happy'
- Read the Cover Story: Prince, 1958-2016
- Alex Guarnaschelli Blogs: My Meringue Kisses and Lemon Sherbet Are an Unbeatable Dessert Combo
- Inside Zac Efron's Life Post-Split from Girlfriend Sami Miró
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
- August 10, 2009
- Vol. 73
- No. 6
Constantine Maroulis My Life in Rock
Starring in the Broadway Hair-Band Hit Rock of Ages, the Idol Grad Has Sold-Out Audiences Singing Along. He Flashes Back to the Music That Shaped Him
FAVORITE BAND GROWING UP
I'm from New Jersey, so Bon Jovi was my hero. They came out so strong with the great songwriting and rock-star personas! I still love "Runaway" the best. It was on their first demo tape.
Rick Springfield, and 'Til Tuesday opened. I was 10 or 12.
West Side Story was very influential for me. George Chakiris [Bernardo in the film] is Greek and sort of looks like my brother. That was a big deal to us. When you're Greek, that's what you do: You point out the other Greeks. And he won the Oscar!
MUSIC THAT REMINDS YOU OF YOUR FIRST DATE
Hall and Oates. In the early '80s, everyone had birthday parties at the roller rink. I'd ask a girl to skate with me, and those songs would be on the radio.
YOUR FAVORITE ARTISTS NOW
Kings of Leon, Lady Gaga, classic stuff like Jane's Addiction. I just saw Shiny Toy Guns—sick band.
WHAT YOU LISTEN TO BEFORE GOING ONSTAGE
Not music. Usually the pregame show to the Yankees.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!