Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Sarah McBride, the First Openly Transgender Speaker at a Convention, Says 'All People Need to Live and Strive as Their Authentic Self'
- Read the Cover Story: George Turns 3: The Preschool Prince!
- What’s Kanye West’s Favorite Taylor Swift Song? None of Them
- Meryl Streep Once Feared Aging in Hollywood Would End Her Career: 'I Thought Each Movie Would Be My Last'
- 10 Beauty Products That’ll Instantly Change Your Makeup Game
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- September 21, 2009
- Vol. 72
- No. 12
Catching Up with Mary J. Blige
The R&B Queen on Acting for Tyler Perry, the Oddballs on Twitter and Keeping Her Husband Happy
"I drew from that place in my life when I didn't need or want anyone," Blige says of her alcoholic atheist Tonya in Perry's film I Can Do Bad All by Myself. She'd also love to make over Perry's belligerent granny Madea: "I'd color that hair and do a sheer lipstick. And flowery clothes are so grandma! I'd give her more big-girl chic."
HER MARRIAGE SECRET
"The key is praying," says Blige, 38, who's been with husband Kendu Isaacs, 41, for five years. "And having a fair system: You don't nag me, I won't nag you."
MUSIC SHE'S INTO NOW
"Adele's voice is sick," says Blige. She's also honing her upcoming album, which says, "If you need to cry or scream, do it," explains the singer, cohosting a Sept. 16 Gucci Fashion Week bash for her Foundation for Women Now to help at-risk females. "You're stronger now. You won't let anyone walk all over you."
TWITS ON TWITTER
She follows Oprah, Sean "Diddy" Combs and Jeremy Piven, but she's baffled by "imposters [who say,] 'I'm the real Mary J. Blige.' I want to say, 'No, you're not!' It's weird."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!