Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Ex-Police Chief Convicted of Murdering Pregnant Fiancée 7 Years After Claiming Her Death Was an Accident
- Read the Cover Story: Brad & Angelina Split After 12 Years: It's Over
- Did Warren Beatty Really Sleep with 12,775 Women? Actor Opens Up About His Infamous Dating Life
- Laguna Beach's Morgan Smith Welcomes Daughter Georgia: 'We Are Smitten'
- Chrissy Teigen's Daughter Luna Suits Up in the Kitchen: See the Budding Chef
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- September 21, 2009
- Vol. 72
- No. 12
Gordon Ramsay's ...
DINNER FOR FOUR UNDER $10
The Hell's Kitchen chef shares a creamy risotto recipe
TOMATO AND MUSHROOM RISOTTO
• 1 large shallot, chopped finely
• 4 tbsp. olive oil
• 8 oz. Baby Bellas mushrooms, sliced
• 10 oz. Arborio rice
• ½ cup dry white wine
• 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
• 8 oz. plum tomatoes, skinned, seeded and finely chopped
• 1 tbsp. each chopped fresh basil, chives
• 2 tbsp. mascarpone cheese
• 3 tbsp. freshly grated Parmesan cheese
• sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. In a large saucepan sauté the shallots with the olive oil for about 3 to 4 minutes and then add the mushrooms and continue to sauté for another 5 minutes, stirring frequently until softened.
2. Stir in the rice and cook for another minute or two. Add the wine, stir and cook until absorbed. Pour in a quarter of the chicken broth, bring to a boil and cook until absorbed, stirring frequently.
3. Gradually stir in the rest of the broth over a period of about 15 minutes, adding more as each previous amount is absorbed. This helps to give you a creamy risotto.
4. When the rice is al dente, mix in the tomatoes and herbs. Check the seasoning and stir in the cheeses. Serve in warmed bowls topped with shaved aged Parmesan.
Tune in to see the fiery Ramsay on Hell's Kitchen airing Tuesdays at 8 p.m. on FOX.
PARTY LIKE A ROCK STAR!
The chef-owner of N.Y.C.'s Stanton Social (Katy Perry's hot spot of choice) shares his greatest hits
• 6 oz. portion of pizza dough (from supermarket or pizza shop)
• 8 heaping tsp. oven-dried tomatoes (see below)
• ½ cup mozzarella, diced small
• 1 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
• 2 tbsp. grated cheese, such as asiago, grana or pecorino
• 1 tsp. chopped basil
• 1 tsp. chile oil (store bought)
Oven Dried Tomatoes
• 8 each plum tomatoes, halved
• 2 tbsp. chopped garlic
• 1 tbsp. chopped parsley
• 1 tbsp. chopped basil
• 1 tsp. chopped thyme
• 1 tsp. crushed red pepper
• ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil, plus 2 tbsp.
• juice and zest of 1 lemon
1. Preheat oven to 200°. Toss tomatoes with garlic, parsley, basil, thyme, red pepper, ¼ cup olive oil, lemon zest and juice.
2. Place a wire rack on a sheet pan. Put tomato halves on rack. Pour whatever is left in the bowl over the tomatoes. Bake for 3 to 4 hours. Let cool. Peel off skins and chop tomatoes. Add 2 tbsp. olive oil and salt to taste. Store in refrigerator for up to 7 days.
To assemble Pizzette
1. Preheat oven to 450°.
2. Place floured, rolled-out dough on hot grill. Grill about 30 seconds or until it begins to bubble and has a nice grill char and turn. Grill for 15 seconds longer and remove.
3. Brush grilled dough with extra virgin olive oil and top with tomatoes spaced apart for 8 slices of pizza.
4. Evenly distribute mozzarella cheese over pizza. Place in oven for 3-4 minutes or until cheese melts.
5. Remove from oven, cut into 8 slices and garnish with grated cheese, basil and chile oil.
STRAWBERRY FIELDS COCKTAIL
• 1.5 oz. lemon-flavored vodka
• 6 strawberries dipped in sugar
• ½ oz. simple syrup
• ½ oz. fresh lemon juice
• 1 oz. Riesling wine
Muddle strawberries in a rocks glass. Add ice, vodka, syrup and lemon juice. Top with wine. Garnish with lime wedge.
Melrose Place ...
GET THE LOOK!
The drama returns with lots of Old-Hollywood style
1 THE HOT SEAT
"White furniture makes a powerful statement," says set decorator William M. DeBiasio.
Stella Sofa, $599; EQ3.com
2 THE SEA INSIDE
"This space has a bit of a cold edge to it," notes the set decorator. "Organic, nature-inspired elements warm things up."
Coral Table Lamp, $99; Pier1.com
3 ASIAN IMPACT
Shiny lacquered surfaces "are an opportunity to be playful," says DeBiasio.
Chinese Antique Stand, $129; shopurbanhome.com
4 GRAPHIC CONTENT
"Bold prints and primary colors create a highly stylized look," says DeBiasio.
Kristie Rug, 5' × 7'9", $225 at Loft Appeal; 213-629-9105
MP's set decorator William M. DeBiasio on how to get the Melrose vibe at home.
• Mix larger art deco-style pieces with mod accessories.
• Glass table tops and metallic accents add sophistication.
• Throw in sensual textures like sheepskin pillows.
Melrose Place airs Tuesdays at 9 P.M. on the CW.
- CONTRIBUTORS Amy Elisa Keith,
- Suzanne Zuckerman.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!