Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- FROM EW: Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks Reunite in Trailer for Her Directorial Debut Ithaca
- Read the Cover Story: George Turns 3: The Preschool Prince!
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Enjoy Romantic Dinner Date in L.A. – Get the Details!
- President Obama Passes The Torch: 'Never A Man Or Woman – Not Me, Not Bill, Nobody – More Qualified Than Hillary Clinton'
- Tim Kaine Dedicates First Speech as VP Nominee to His Son Deployed With Marines: 'I Trust Hillary Clinton With Our Son's Life'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- September 07, 2009
- Vol. 72
- No. 10
Ana Ortiz's Pretty Baby
Nothing Can Stop the Ugly Betty Star from Loving Motherhood—Not Even Having to Wear Spandex
June 27, 2009
7 lbs. 10 oz.
For Ana Ortiz, learning new lines hasn't been easy since becoming a first-time mom to daughter Paloma Louise Lebenzon eight weeks ago. "I called the pediatrician the other day and said, 'My daughter is a patient here.' That was the first time I said 'my daughter,' and I started giggling and couldn't stop," Ortiz recalls. "It's totally surreal to think and say that she's my daughter."
Best known as America Ferrera's vivacious older sister Hilda Suarez on ABC's Ugly Betty, the 38-year-old Ortiz and her musician husband, Noah Lebenzon, 39, are now enjoying a low-key life with Paloma, a "very calm and super-mellow" baby (her name means "dove" in Spanish). "I have really turned into a mush ball over her," says Ortiz, who has settled into a routine of breast-feeding every two hours. "She's a big eater," Mom boasts. "She gets that from me."
Now even the smallest moments are nothing short of miraculous. "Giving the baby a bath is hilarious," Ortiz says. "She's like, 'This is groovy,' and starts splashing around. It's incredible!" Her relationship with Lebenzon, whom she wed in 2007, has only gotten better too. "I feel like we are connected on a different level now," says Lebenzon. "I love Ana even more than I did before, that's for sure."
Returning to the Betty set just 2½ weeks after giving birth was daunting for Ortiz, given her character's skimpy, skintight outfits. "I was like, 'Where are the Spanx? Get me the Spanx!'" she says with a laugh. But the blissful baby back home is worth any wardrobe malfunctions. "Holding her is heaven," Ortiz sighs. "When I'm with her, I forget everything else."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!