Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- WATCH: Kristen Stewart and Nicholas Hoult Try to Resist Their Feelings in Clip from Sci-Fi Drama Equals
- Read the Cover Story: Steve Harvey: From Homeless to Having It All
- Khloé Kardashian Feels Conflicted About Her Exes: 'If People Are Destructive to You Emotionally, That Still Doesn't Mean You Can't Love Them'
- Mother-in-Law of Murdered Texas Fitness Instructor Shares Love Story Between Her Son and Daughter-in-Law: 'She Was Definitely the One'
- WATCH: Jennifer Holliday Surprises The View's Whoopi Goldberg with Superstar Co-Host Karaoke Performance of 'And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
Fun with Chalkboard Paint
Ideas That Make This Classroom Favorite Look at Home Anywhere
Choose a bedroom or playroom wall that's clean and smooth to paint your chalkboard surface. With low-adhesive Scotch Tape, attach stencils in desired shapes and paint with a soft-bristled brush or roller. Apply three coats, waiting one hour in between each. Allow to dry for 24 hours before using.
Make Dinner Special
Instead of place cards, add splash to inexpensive plastic chargers. Using a soft-bristled brush, follow the instructions for the wall (left). This is only for decorative pieces: The paint is nontoxic but not intended for use on eating surfaces.
A Spot to Jot
Stick painter's tape on the wall in the dimensions of a frame. Cover that space with chalkboard paint. Once dry, hang the frame over the painted area.
THINGS TO KNOW
CHOOSING A COLOR
Want to make a statement? Pick a bold shade for a pale wall, like red on light blue. For something more subtle, try two colors in the same family, like pale yellow over medium yellow. All chalkboard paints are super-durable and will look new for years.
SELECTING A SURFACE
Find a smooth wall or surface. Because chalkboard paint handles just like regular paint, no primer is necessary. It even smooths itself out as it dries.
Wait at least 24 hours before using your chalkboard. Once fully dry, rub white chalk all over the surface to prep it for use. (Teachers do this on real chalkboards too.)
IT'S EASY TO UNDO
A coat of regular latex or acrylic paint will cover up your chalkboard no matter what color you use.
Label Your Garden
Forget Popsicle sticks—ID your plants and herbs directly on the pot! First, spray the inside of terra-cotta pots with Thompson's WaterSeal so moisture won't seep through when watering. Let dry, then apply spray-on black chalkboard paint.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!