- Game of Thrones Fans Are Freaking Out About Sunday's Shocker
- Read the Cover Story: Prince, 1958-2016
- All the Highlights – and Winners – from the American Country Countdown Awards
- One Happy Family! Dr. Oz and Daphne Oz Both Take Home Daytime Emmys
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
- October 19, 2009
- Vol. 72
- No. 16
35 Years of Fashion Trends
From Designer Jeans to Manolo Blahniks, These Style Statements Were Unforgettable
Ralph Lauren's costumes helped popularize menswear for women.
Thanks to Gloria Vanderbilt, and later Calvin Klein, denim went high-end, where it remains today.
With rubber bracelets, faux pearls, leggings and lace, her style spawned countless imitators.
Dressing stars like Michelle Pfeiffer in simple but glamorous looks, he redefined the red carpet.
Carrie Bradshaw lusted after his shoes, turning Manolo Blahnik into "a household name," said Sex and the City costumer Patricia Field.
Rachel Zoe (with Nicole Richie) is among the tastemakers stars can't face the spotlight without.
SUBMIT YOUR OWN FASHION FLASHBACK AT FLASHBACKS.PEOPLE.COM
- CONTRIBUTORS Elaine Aradillas,
- Lorenzo Benet,
- Brian Braiker,
- Paul Chi,
- Champ Clark,
- Antoinette Y. Coulton,
- Mark Dagostino,
- Shruti Dhalwala,
- Mary Green,
- Wendy Grossman,
- Liza Hamm,
- Jessica Herndon,
- Julie Jordan,
- Amy Elisa Keith,
- Kristen Mascia,
- Farah Menass.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!