Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,278 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Easily the Weirdest Thing You'll See Today: Jimmy Fallon Performs 'Barbara Ann' with Five Wax Jimmys
- Read the Cover Story: At Home with Britney Spears and Her Boys!
- 50 Years Later, Julie Andrews & Christopher Plummer Fondly Recall The Sound of Music
- Keeping Up with the Kardashians Preview: Can Kourtney Trust Scott?
- Derek Hough & Bella Thorne Shine Bright at the New York Spring Spectacular
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- October 19, 2009
- Vol. 72
- No. 16
Today Show Flashback
Bushy Mustaches? Check. Shaggy Hair? Yep. Polyester Suits? You Know It. Morning TV Hosts Al Roker, Ann Curry, Meredith Vieira and Matt Lauer Reimagine Life on the Today Show Ca. 1974
LAUER: Thirty-five years ago, I would have been 16. I remember when Hugh Downs was the host of the Today show. If your parents watched the show, then you grew up watching it. We were definitely a Today show family.
CURRY: I would never have been on the Today show 35 years ago because I'm Asian. And Al would have never been on because he's black. That's what's kind of cool about this—it's redefining what was possible then.
ROKER: I remember watching the Today show before going to class in college. I got my first job in May of '74. I remember having a JCPenney suit for $29.99. Two pairs of pants, a reversible vest and a jacket. I worked on local news, not network news, but it was fun.
- CONTRIBUTORS Elaine Aradillas,
- Lorenzo Benet,
- Brian Braiker,
- Paul Chi,
- Champ Clark,
- Antoinette Y. Coulton,
- Mark Dagostino,
- Shruti Dhalwala,
- Mary Green,
- Wendy Grossman,
- Liza Hamm,
- Jessica Herndon,
- Julie Jordan,
- Amy Elisa Keith,
- Kristen Mascia,
- Farah Menass.
March 27, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!