Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- VIDEO: SNL's Kyle Mooney Challenges West to a Hilarious Rap Battle: 'I Just Destroyed Kanye'
- Read the Cover Story: Ryan Reynolds: Sexiest Dad Alive
- Anarchy in a Red Suit: Why Ryan Reynolds Was Born to Star in Deadpool
- Woolly Mammoth Tusks! Custom-Wrapped Mustangs! The Most Over-the-Top Presents This Custom Gift Designer Has Ever Made
- VIDEO: Ryan Reynolds Wasn't Sure If Daughter Was 'Really Psyched' About His Super Bowl Ad or If It Was 'Her Worst Nightmare'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- October 19, 2009
- Vol. 72
- No. 16
101 Dalmatians Ready for the Spotlight!
Meet the Canine Cast of the New Musical's Touring Stage Show
The director has wrangled difficult stars before. But the latest batch of demands is unprecedented: four trainers, a bus with 15 private beds, and a special fridge stocked with bottled water, peanut butter snacks, chicken and—Dog Chow? "I've got real divas on my hands," says Tony-winner Jerry Zaks, laughing.
The divas in question are, of course, the doggy stars of The 101 Dalmatians Musical, which begins a 24-city tour in Minneapolis on Oct. 13. While humans do the singing, dancing and talking in this show (based on Dodie Smith's 1956 book), 15 real dalmatians carry a scene in Act 1 and the finale on their own. "No one has done this before," says producer Lee Marshall, giving credit to trainer Joel Slaven, who found nine of the dogs at shelters and spent four months prepping them. But preparation goes only so far. "Please God, let them not have to go to the bathroom," says Zaks, adding that come what may, "I'm not worried. The dogs are so charming, the audience is going to love them."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!