Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- It's a Girl! Eddie Murphy Welcomes Ninth Child
- Read the Cover Story: Prince, 1958-2016
- A Way-Too-Extensive Guide to Miley Cyrus' Tattoos
- Michael Strahan Promises Kelly Ripa and His Live! Family: I'm Always Going to Be There Whenever You Call
- Inside the Hunger Games Auction: Over $1 Million in Props and Costumes to Be Sold
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- October 19, 2009
- Vol. 72
- No. 16
Debi Mazar's ...
DINNER FOR FOUR UNDER $10
The Dancing diva and food blogger shares a pasta dish
• 6 ripe Roma or San Marzano tomatoes
• 4 cloves garlic
• 1 generous handful fresh basil
• ½ cup pignoli nuts
• ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
• extra virgin olive oil
• salt and pepper to taste
• 1 lb. fusilli or rotini pasta
1. Bring a small pot of water to a boil; one by one, stick each tomato on a fork and dip into the boiling water for about a minute. Remove from the pot, and, when cool, use your fingers to peel the skin off.
2. In a blender, mix tomatoes, garlic and pignoli nuts. Salt and pepper to taste; when done, place the sauce in a bowl and set aside.
3. Cook and strain pasta. Pour it into a serving bowl; add the sauce and stir well.
4. Serve it dressed with some grated Parmesan, a couple of leaves of basil broken into pieces and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
Get more recipes on Mazar's blog underthetuscangun.com
Toby Keith's ...
FOOTBALL WATCHING FIESTA
The singer and restaurant owner's down-home recipes
Keith's latest album, "American Ride," is out Oct. 6
• 4 4-oz. skinless, boneless chicken breasts, flattened
• 2 tsp. olive oil
• 1 tsp. ground cumin
• ½ tsp. salt
• ¼ tsp. pepper
• 4 slices Monterey Jack cheese
• 4 hamburger buns
• ½ lb. ham, thinly sliced
• 8 slices cooked bacon
• 4 tbsp. barbeque sauce
1. Rub chicken with olive oil. Sprinkle with cumin, salt and pepper. Heat a grill or grill pan and cook chicken about 5 minutes on each side.
2. Place one slice of cheese each on four bun halves. Place bun halves in toaster oven and toast lightly until cheese is melted.
3. To assemble: Place a piece of chicken on each bun half. Top sandwiches with ham, 2 slices of bacon and 1 tbsp. barbeque sauce, each. Cover and dig in.
$7 PER PERSON SERVES FOUR
• 1 13-oz. bag tortilla chips
• 1 lb. ground beef
• ½ cup chopped yellow onion
• 1 1-oz. package taco seasoning
• 1 15-oz. jar salsa con queso
• 1 4-oz. can sliced jalapenos
• sliced black olives
• guacamole and sour cream
1. In a skillet, brown ground beef and onion. Add taco seasoning and water according to package directions.
2. Top tortilla chips with meat mixture.
3. Heat salsa con queso. Pour warm queso over meat-topped tortillas.
4. Top off with jalapenos, olives guacamole and sour cream.
Recipes from Toby Keith's I Love This Bar & Grill may vary slightly.
Paula Deen's ...
HOME CHIC HOME
The domestic goddess debuts a classic furniture collection
PAULA'S DECORATING TIPS
Make it last
Your taste will change over the years, so you need solid foundation furniture. Go with clean lines you can live with forever. Simple is better.
Mix, don't match
My taste is traditional but eclectic. I love to throw a primitive piece in the mix. In life, if you introduce interesting people, you're going to have an interesting conversation. It's the same with decorating.
Paint stores can match anything these days, even a scrap of paper. You don't have to buy what's in the can.
1. DECORATIVE LANDSCAPE MIRROR
$399; pauladeenhome.com for stores
2. SAVANNAH POSTER BED
$1,199 for a queen, $1,450 for a king; pauladeenhome.com for stores
3. BED END BENCH
$399; pauladeenhome.com for stores
GET THE LOOK!
Venus Williams's ...
OLD WORLD STYLE
The tennis champ and newly minted interior designer shares her global inspirations
"Chinese antiquities are my favorite objects. The patina—the age and the wear—is so gorgeous."
TERRA COTTA WARRIOR
"The whole mood of a space is generated by the rug. I've built entire rooms around Turkish rugs in warm colors."
ENCHANTMENT AREA RUG
4' x 5'9", $169; homedecorators.com
- CONTRIBUTORS Amy Elisa Keith,
- Suzanne Zuckerman,
- with Rebecca Daly,
- Samantha McIntyre,
- Cynthia Wang,
- Kelsey Witten.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!