- Channing Tatum, Emma Stone and Zac Efron Lead MTV Movie Award Nominations
- Read the Cover Story: What Caused This Teenager to Murder His Parents?
- 14 Dinner-for-Breakfast Recipes That Will Make You Give Up Cereal
- Ansel Elgort's Mom Doesn't Know Who Bruce Willis Is (VIDEO)
- 5 Places to Wear Your Katy Perry-Approved Left Shark Onesie (Yep, That's a Thing Now)
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
- October 19, 2009
- Vol. 72
- No. 16
Then & Now Fads
From Pet Rocks to Crocs, a Look Back at Some of the Memorable Crazes
Drivers delight at inventing "handles" and chatting with their "good buddies" on the road.
Invented by a Hungarian architect, the brain-twisting toy has since sold more than 300 million units worldwide.
These low-maintenance "pets" land in Newsweek and on Johnny Carson.
Millions of Americans—including Mario Batali and Michelle Obama—go crazy for the Canadian spa shoe.
JANE FONDA'S WORKOUT
Legions of housewives "feel the burn" at home. Leg warmers not included.
Lance Armstrong makes fighting cancer cool—and ubiquitous. There are now an estimated 70 million yellow wristbands in circulation.
With a reported 4 million sold (that's nearly $80 million worth of warmth), the blanket with sleeves spawned more than 500 Facebook groups and hundreds of YouTube parodies.
Thanks to her abs-baring top in the "Baby One More Time" video, Britney Spears liberates belly buttons the world over.
- CONTRIBUTORS Elaine Aradillas,
- Lorenzo Benet,
- Brian Braiker,
- Paul Chi,
- Champ Clark,
- Antoinette Y. Coulton,
- Mark Dagostino,
- Shruti Dhalwala,
- Mary Green,
- Wendy Grossman,
- Liza Hamm,
- Jessica Herndon,
- Julie Jordan,
- Amy Elisa Keith,
- Kristen Mascia,
- Farah Menass.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!