Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Octavia Spencer and More React to South Carolina Elementary School Shooting that Left Three People Injured
- Read the Cover Story: Brad & Angelina Split After 12 Years: It's Over
- FROM Fortune: How America's Next Top Model Made Tyra Banks a Better Businesswoman
- WATCH: Donald Trump Calls Then-Pregnant Kim Kardashian West 'a Bit Large' in Newly Resurfaced Video
- Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna Are 'Not in a Healthy Place,' Says Source, as Filming 'Causes Them to Fight Even More'
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- December 14, 2009
- Vol. 72
- No. 24
The Former First Daughter Plans to Marry Her Childhood Friend Marc Mezvinsky Next Summer
So when they finally had good news to tell, they knew just what to do: They sent a mass e-mail. "We ... wanted to ... share that we are engaged!" the couple wrote to loved ones Nov. 27. "We didn't get married this past summer despite the stories to the contrary, but we are looking toward next summer and hope you all will be there to celebrate with us."
No one could be happier about the news than the father of the bride, former President Bill Clinton. "Bill adores Marc," says a source who knows both families. "This is the son he didn't have."
Childhood friends who began dating in 2005 and now live together in Manhattan, Marc, 31, an investment banker, and Chelsea, 29, who is pursuing a master's degree in public health, have lots in common. Both have two parents in politics (his dad is former Iowa Rep. Ed Mezvinsky; mom is former Pennsylvania Rep. Marjorie Margolies) and both have seen their fathers weather public scandals (his served five years for defrauding investors). "They had that connection," says the source. "When not-such-great things were happening in her life, he was the protector." Says another friend: "Marc is incredibly supportive, but he's not a doormat. He's her equal in every way; he's just less well-known."
One more thing they share? The ability to keep a secret. Says one source: "I think they've known for a year that they were going to get married."
September 28, 2016
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!