Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Stranded Boaters Rescued from Uninhabited South Pacific Island After Writing 'SOS' in Sand
- Read the Cover Story: The Gosselins 10 Years Later: 'So Much Has Changed'
- Britney Spears Says Carpool Karaoke was 'a Little Awkward' as She Calls James Corden a 'Teddy Bear'
- NBA Star Dwyane Wade's Cousin Killed in Chicago Crossfire: 'Another Act of Senseless Gun Violence'
- Donald Trump's Doctor Admits He Wrote GOP Nominee's Health Report in Just 5 Minutes
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- December 28, 2009
- Vol. 72
- No. 26
Snuggies, Toy Hamsters, Mini Pigs and Twitter—the Must-Haves and Crazes of 2009
The fleece blanket with sleeves started out as the butt of late-night jokes but ended the year on couches everywhere. More than 20 million have been sold, and now even NFL teams have their own custom fleeces.
The recession-proof hamburger has reclaimed its culinary mojo. Fancy restaurants like New York City's DBGB trotted out gourmet patties, and even the President and First Lady indulged their burger love.
Selling for up to $4,500 each, mini pigs became this year's maltipoo. Celebs like Paris Hilton and Harry Potter star Rupert Grint have both adopted them. The "puppylike" pets are "incredibly easy to train," says U.K. breeder Jane Croft, who has a waiting list for the micropigs and is getting 150,000 hits a week.
More than 8 million people—from Bill Gates to Lindsay Lohan—have taken to "microblogging" via this social networking site.
ZHU ZHU HAMSTER
Robot hamsters are this year's Tickle Me Elmo. The $8 toys are still flying off shelves at Walmart and going for up to $60 on eBay despite now-debunked reports that the toy contained dangerous levels of tin and antimony.
SIGG WATER BOTTLE
Water gets another fashionable upgrade! The eco-friendly Sigg (named for metal specialist Ferdinand Sigg) sells for $14-$32 and can be customized with a cool design.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!