Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Magnitude 6.2 Earthquake Leaves at Least Six Dead in Central Italy: Report
- Read the Cover Story: The Final Five: Their Amazing Journey!
- Watch the Final Five Turn Into Hungry Hungry Humans on Tonight Show
- Downton Abbey Creator Shares His Vision for What Happened to the Crawley Estate and 4 More Revelations from the Show
- Watch Britney Spears and James Corden Sing 'Toxic' in New Carpool Karaoke Teaser
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- December 28, 2009
- Vol. 72
- No. 26
Speaking of American Idol, Adam Lambert amazed me this year. I realized that when he was on my show. He was sitting next to me, talking openly about being a gay man. I don't think we're used to seeing that on TV. It wasn't a stereotype. It wasn't a joke. He was just honest. And he told me if I keep my nail polish in the refrigerator, it will go on smoother. Did you know that?
I also learned how to text this year. If you saw how big my thumbs are, you'd be impressed. (Most of the time I text Portia that I "lobe" her, but I'm getting better.)
Oprah begged me to be on the cover of her magazine, and we became best friends (Sorry, Gayle). Now it's only a matter of time before we drive cross-country together.
Also in 2009, Portia and I became aunts for the first time. There's nothing like seeing a beautiful baby being brought into the world. And he's 8 months old, so cute—wait, it's a she. Or is it a he? Either way ... it's cute. It doesn't matter. They all look the same until they're 12 anyway.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!