- Beyoncé, Adele and Kerry Washington Make List of 50 Most Powerful Moms
- Read the Cover Story: Prince, 1958-2016
- Tupac Shakur's Mother Afeni Shakur Davis Dies at 69: Police
- Katy Perry and Orlando Bloom Wear Matching Tamagotchis for Their Met Gala Looks!
- Karlie Kloss Has Her Met Gala Gown Cut Right Off Her to Make an Afterparty Dress
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
- December 21, 2009
- Vol. 72
- No. 25
Jennifer Aniston NO MORE 'IMMATURE BOYS'
Jennifer Aniston may still have ups and downs with men, but after her roller-coaster romance with John Mayer, 32, ended earlier this year, the actress, 40, learned a valuable lesson. "She will never date an immature boy again," says a source. Aniston, who recently wrapped filming The Bounty, is back in L.A. attributing her positive place to pals such as her yoga instructor Mandy Ingber. "It's yoga, it's fitness, it's positive thinking," Aniston told Scoop at a launch of Ingber's Yogalosophy DVD. And while Aniston is feeling fabulous, there's another factor that may have something to do with her super-sunny demeanor. "She's dating again," confirms the source, but this time, "she's ready for an older, responsible man."
Susan Boyle's MILLION$!
In the eight months since her debut on Britain's Got Talent, Susan Boyle has gone from church singer to record-breaking millionaire. Her debut album, I Dreamed a Dream, sold more than 3 million copies worldwide in the two weeks since its Nov. 23 release, including U.S. sales of 701,000 in the first week alone (the biggest first-week sales for a first album by a female artist in Nielsen SoundScan history). Experts estimate that her take will be as much as $9 million. What has Boyle, 48—who still lives in public housing in Blackburn, Scotland, with her cat Pebbles—splurged on? A three-piece burgundy leather sofa and a new refrigerator, her brother John Boyle tells Scoop. "Moneywise," says John, "she's very frugal."
Reese & Jake's SEPARATE LIVES
They spent time on different continents after Thanksgiving, and now Jake Gyllenhaal, 29, and Reese Witherspoon, 33, are both back in L.A. They had "a conversation," says a source, and agreed they are ready to move on. Although Gyllenhaal referred to his "girlfriend" at a Dec. 3 press conference for his new movie Brothers, they are not together. He has been promoting his films while Witherspoon—fresh from a charity trip to England—was spotted in L.A. jogging with a pal and running errands solo.
TAYLOR & TAYLOR'S SWEET ROMANCE
The Taylors—as in country star Swift, 20, and New Moon hunk Lautner, 17—reunited in L.A. for two days starting Dec. 3. They shot scenes for their film Valentine's Day followed by a group dinner at Benihana and a stop at a dessert shop. "She got a huge frozen yogurt, and [Lautner] watched her eat it with a huge smile," says an observer. The next night they spent more time together over dinner at Hollywood's Yamashiro.
ARE LIV TYLER AND ZACH BRAFF AN ITEM?
According to a tabloid report Liv Tyler, 32, who ended her five-year marriage to rocker Royston Langdon last year, is getting cozy with Zach Braff, 34. The two hit an L.A. wine bar last month where "Zach had his arm wrapped around her and was whispering in her ear." Not true, says a rep for Tyler: "They are not dating. They were meeting about a film that Zach is directing."
IS JULIANNE HOUGH DATING KINGS OF LEON BASSIST JARED FOLLOWILL?
Three weeks after her split from country star Chuck Wicks, Julianne Hough, 21, was spotted on Dec. 1 at Nashville's Lipstick Lounge cuddling with Kings of Leon's Jared Followill, 23. "They were very affectionate," says an observer. A Kings of Leon rep says the two "are friends and have been hanging."
Jessica Simpson FITNESS KICK!
Jessica Simpson isn't waiting for 2010 to hit the gym. "She's revamping herself and getting back in shape now," says Danny Musico, who does 60-minute cardio boxing sessions with Simpson, 29, three times a week. Mike Alexander (left), who also works out with the star four times a week, says weight training has helped Simpson tone up in just three months, but the singer herself has a loftier goal: "Her Dukes of Hazzard body is the ideal!"
Watch out! These fashion-forward celebs are looking sharp—literally. Adam Lambert, Katy Perry and Fergie show off their spiked-out threads. But don't get too close. They might just poke you!
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
"I didn't touch pot till I was in my 20s. I didn't get flat-out drunk until I went to college. But I think that's a good thing in many ways"
—Natalie Portman tells the January issue of Marie Claire
JAY-Z'S 40TH BIRTHDAY BASH!
On Nov. 19 Jay-Z helped his pal Diddy celebrate his 40th at a lavish party in New York. On Dec. 4, Diddy returned the favor—along with Kate Hudson, A-Rod, Kanye West, Alicia Keys—at a surprise party Beyoncé threw for her husband at the Casa de Campo resort in the Dominican Republic. DJ Cassidy spun tunes for 50 of Jay-Z's closest, who enjoyed two dance floors, a 1940s theme and fireworks before finally winding down at 5 a.m.
CAUGHT IN THE ACT
• 12/1, N.Y.C.: Reality stars joined forces as The Hills and The City celebrated their wrap party at hot spot SL. Audrina Patridge and Lo Bosworth (inset) spent the night dancing with the cast, including Patridge's supposed enemy Kristin Cavallari.
• 12/4, Las Vegas: American Idol judge Kara DioGuardi toasted her 39th birthday a few days early at the Nascar Sprint Cup Series Champions party at LAVO.
• 12/3, L.A.: Talk about boys night out! Sean Penn, Javier Bardem and Josh Brolin spent a boisterous night catching up at Chateau Marmont. The men even joined in on a Beatles singalong.
• 12/5, Miami: Brandy and JoJo jumped onstage for a special performance with Timbaland at the Verizon Wireless party at LIV.
• 12/3, Las Vegas: Eva Longoria Parker wowed at the opening of her new restaurant, Beso, at the CityCenter.
- CONTRIBUTORS Alexis Chiu,
- Jennifer Garcia,
- Marisa Laudadio,
- Christina Tapper,
- Charlotte Triggs,
- with Elaine Aradillas,
- Pernilla Cedenheim,
- Mark Gray,
- Helen I. Hwang,
- Julie Jordan.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!