Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- John Legend Introduces Baby Luna to His Grandmother in a Sweet Instagram Photo
- Read the Cover Story: Steve Harvey: From Homeless to Having It All
- Kourtney Kardashian Wishes 'Baby Daddy' Scott Disick a Happy 33rd Birthday – See Her TBT Photo
- What Does the Inspector General's Report on Hillary Clinton's Emails Really Mean?
- Sam Claflin Spills About Behind-the-Scenes Pranks With Me Before You Co-star Emilia Clarke: 'I Made Her Think I Was Deeply Offended'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- January 18, 2010
- Vol. 73
- No. 2
Jared the Subway Guy His New Weight Struggle
More Than a Decade After He Famously Lost 245 Lbs. by Eating Subway Sandwiches, Jared Fogle Is Once Again Battling the Bulge
NOW 221 lbs.
Last fall Jared Fogle—who in 1999 had lost more than 200 lbs. on a diet of Subway sandwiches—knew something was up. He just didn't want to admit it was his weight. After months of reverting to "old habits," such as polishing off a whole steak instead of just half, or dousing his salad with regular instead of fat-free dressing, "I didn't need to tighten my belt as much," he admits. Even so, "I was saying, 'Oh, I can eat whatever I want.'" But after unflattering photos of his heftier 6'2" frame hit the Internet in November, Fogle, 32, finally stepped on a scale. "I thought, Wow, is this right?" he says of learning he was up from 190 to 231 lbs. "It was not pleasant." Determined to get back down to 200 lbs., Fogle, a Subway spokesman, is training for the ING New York City Marathon by working out four times a week and sticking to a 2,000-calorie daily diet. He is also counting on special motivation: He plans to wed teacher Katie McLaughlin, 30, this summer. This year, he says, "is my new beginning."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!