- 5 Killed as 2 Small Planes Collide Midair in Alaska: Report
- Read the Cover Story: Rob Kardashian & Blac Chyna: How I Finally Found Happiness
- Architect and Contractor in Christmas Day House Fire That Killed 5 Agree to Pay $1.2 Million
- US Open Star Nick Kyrgios Would Rather Be Playing Basketball (or Pokemon Go): 'I Don’t Love This Sport'
- Child Services Launch Investigation Into Anthony Weiner's Parenting of Son Amid Sexting Scandal: Report
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
- January 18, 2010
- Vol. 73
- No. 2
Jared the Subway Guy His New Weight Struggle
More Than a Decade After He Famously Lost 245 Lbs. by Eating Subway Sandwiches, Jared Fogle Is Once Again Battling the Bulge
NOW 221 lbs.
Last fall Jared Fogle—who in 1999 had lost more than 200 lbs. on a diet of Subway sandwiches—knew something was up. He just didn't want to admit it was his weight. After months of reverting to "old habits," such as polishing off a whole steak instead of just half, or dousing his salad with regular instead of fat-free dressing, "I didn't need to tighten my belt as much," he admits. Even so, "I was saying, 'Oh, I can eat whatever I want.'" But after unflattering photos of his heftier 6'2" frame hit the Internet in November, Fogle, 32, finally stepped on a scale. "I thought, Wow, is this right?" he says of learning he was up from 190 to 231 lbs. "It was not pleasant." Determined to get back down to 200 lbs., Fogle, a Subway spokesman, is training for the ING New York City Marathon by working out four times a week and sticking to a 2,000-calorie daily diet. He is also counting on special motivation: He plans to wed teacher Katie McLaughlin, 30, this summer. This year, he says, "is my new beginning."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!