Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- From Slum Kid to Chess Champion: The Amazing Real-Life Story of The Queen of Katwe's Phiona Mutesi
- Read the Cover Story: Brad & Angelina Split After 12 Years: It's Over
- Graphic Video Captures Moment 6-Year-Old Boy Is Killed by Police As Wounded Dad Says, 'My Little Boy'
- Brave Princess Kate Becomes First Mother in History to Wear All White to Playdate
- She's Getting Married! Luann de Lesseps Parties with RHONY Cast at Her Bridal Shower
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- January 18, 2010
- Vol. 73
- No. 2
Jared the Subway Guy His New Weight Struggle
More Than a Decade After He Famously Lost 245 Lbs. by Eating Subway Sandwiches, Jared Fogle Is Once Again Battling the Bulge
NOW 221 lbs.
Last fall Jared Fogle—who in 1999 had lost more than 200 lbs. on a diet of Subway sandwiches—knew something was up. He just didn't want to admit it was his weight. After months of reverting to "old habits," such as polishing off a whole steak instead of just half, or dousing his salad with regular instead of fat-free dressing, "I didn't need to tighten my belt as much," he admits. Even so, "I was saying, 'Oh, I can eat whatever I want.'" But after unflattering photos of his heftier 6'2" frame hit the Internet in November, Fogle, 32, finally stepped on a scale. "I thought, Wow, is this right?" he says of learning he was up from 190 to 231 lbs. "It was not pleasant." Determined to get back down to 200 lbs., Fogle, a Subway spokesman, is training for the ING New York City Marathon by working out four times a week and sticking to a 2,000-calorie daily diet. He is also counting on special motivation: He plans to wed teacher Katie McLaughlin, 30, this summer. This year, he says, "is my new beginning."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!