Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,178 covers and 55,102 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Bill Cosby Files Motion to Dismiss Defamation Lawsuit Against Him
- The Style Top 5: Cara Delevingne Gets Handsy With Her BFFs, Kim Kardashian's Unique Way of Thanking Her Fans and More
- Royal Astronaut? Prince William Shares Boyhood Wish During Visit to Japan
- Burger King Franchisee of the Year Award Winner Gives $120K to Employees
- Teen Encouraged Friend to Commit Suicide, Police Say
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- February 15, 2010
- Vol. 73
- No. 6
Heidi Montag on Her Mom's Reaction
SHE LOOKED AT ME LIKE A 'CIRCUS FREAK'
Nine weeks after undergoing 10 plastic surgery procedures in one day, an anxious Heidi Montag, 23, left husband Spencer Pratt at home in L.A. on Jan. 27 and boarded a private jet with her sister Holly, 26, bound for her hometown of Crested Butte, Colo., to face her mother, Darlene Egelhoff, for the first time since going under the knife.
"I had a mixture of feelings getting on the plane," Montag tells Scoop. "I was nervous, but also excited. . . . I never thought in my wildest dreams she was going to react the way she did." The reunion—which was filmed for The Hills—was less than joyous. "I just felt so much negative energy from [my mother]," Montag says. "She was looking at me almost like a zoo animal. It wasn't like I was her daughter anymore. She was looking at me like I was a circus freak."
Montag's procedures have been controversial, with critics claiming she's setting a poor example for young fans. Montag retorts, "It's just silly." But she says she was surprised by her mother's reaction. "I think she was most upset that Spencer was there for me and she wasn't," says Montag, who recently released an album, Superficial. "She was saying how sad it is that my confidence is gone because of the music industry I'm trying to get into." Montag, who still struggles with daily pain but has no regrets, explains "I wanted to be the most beautiful, inside and out. It's part of being a pop star." Her mother did not return calls for comment, but Montag maintains "I'm thrilled. That's what I told [her]. I'm the happiest I've ever been." Where's her relationship with her mom? "I tried to leave it as best as I could but my heart was breaking."
Who Should Replace Samantha Harris as Dancing's Cohost?
6% MARIO LOPEZ
42% MELISSA RYCROFT
10% PAULA ABDUL
35% DREW LACHEY
8% CHERYL BURKE
Brad Pitt & Angelina Jolie
They skipped the Golden Globes, but on Jan. 30 in L.A., Angelina Jolie made a surprise appearance to support Brad Pitt at the Directors Guild of America awards. After a dinner date, the couple came to the DGA, where Pitt honored his Inglorious Basterds director Quentin Tarantino. "Brad was doting on her," says an observer. "They were very tender together." At the table, "his arm was around her; they touched a lot. None of it looked forced." After the show Angelina signed autographs, and Brad chatted with guests. "You hear all these [split] rumors, and you think, where there's smoke there has to be fire, right? If those two are putting on an act, it's a pretty damn good one!"
Twilight's Kellan Lutz
Kellan Lutz is the star of Calvin Klein Underwear's Spring 2010 campaign, but the Twilight hunk, 24, is no stranger to posing in his skivvies. Years before he was cast as vampire Emmett Cullen, Lutz was a print model in New York City. "But this is the pinnacle," he says of his ads, shot by Mikael Jansson and inspired by Klein's 1992 spots featuring Mark Wahlberg. So was there pressure to measure up? "I swam a lot," he says, "and I watched what I ate. I eat candy 24/7, so I definitely cut back!"
Tom Hanks, Rita Wilson, Steven Spielberg and Kate Capshaw cochaired the 13th Annual Unforgettable Evening benefiting the Entertainment Industry Foundation's Women's Cancer Research Fund in L.A. Jan. 27. The gala honored Tim McGraw, Faith Hill and Christina Applegate for their commitment to the cause and raised $1.7 million during the event. Reese Witherspoon brought daughter Ava—and placed the winning bid for a Smart car!
CAUGHT IN THE ACT
• 1/29, L.A.: Adam Lambert was treated like rock royalty as he toasted his 28th birthday at the Mondrian's ADCB. Sam Ronson deejayed, Slash stopped by and Lindsay Lohan partied. • 1/24, Park City: An unusually chatty Kristen Stewart worked the room at Skintimate's brunch at the Greenhouse Actors Lodge in Sundance. • 2/1, L.A.: A sweet Eva Longoria Parker unveiled the Godiva/Elton John AIDS Foundation Valentine's Day promotion alongside David Furnish. • 1/30, N.Y.C.: The Vampire Diaries' Nina Dobrev, Ian Somerhalder and Paul Wesley hung offscreen at the Armani Exchange NYLON party at 675 Bar. • 1/30, Lauren Conrad turned 24 with a bash at the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel. Beau Kyle Howard was by her side as she munched on a giant CRUMBS red velvet cupcake before dancing the night away. • 1/29, Las Vegas: Kirsten Dunst treated her BFF to a weekend in Sin City with dinner and party-hopping at Lavo and Tao.
- CONTRIBUTORS Jennifer Garcia,
- Kristen Mascia,
- Oliver Jones,
- Suzanne Zuckerman,
- with Paul Chi,
- Mark Gray,
- Jessica Herndon,
- Jeffrey Slonim,
- Cynthia Wang,
- Michelle Ward,
- Susan Young.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!