Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,178 covers and 55,102 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- How Keith Urban and Eric Church Stole the Show in Nashville
- Read the Cover Story: Meet Kelly Clarkson's Baby Girl!
- Why Does Olivia Wilde's Fiancé Jason Sudeikis Think Her Cooking Always Tastes Good?
- Kardashians Ink $100 Million Mega-Deal with E!
- Did Giuliana Rancic Come Up with the Joke About Zendaya's Hair?
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- February 15, 2010
- Vol. 73
- No. 6
Rachael Ray's ...
DINNER FOR FOUR UNDER $10
The TV chef whips up a roast chicken, then makes tacos with the leftovers
CITRUS ROASTED CHICKEN
• 1 (4- to 5-lb.) roasting chicken
• 1 orange, quartered
• 1 lemon, quartered and seeded
• 1 small onion, peeled, quartered
• 2 bay leaves
• Salt, freshly ground black pepper
• 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 425º. Stuff the chicken cavity with the orange, lemon, onion and bay leaves. Tie up the legs with cooking twine and season the outside of the chicken with salt and pepper. Transfer the chicken to a roasting pan, drizzle with a little oil and roast until the juices run clear and a thermometer reads 160º, about 90 minutes.
MADE WITH THE LEFTOVERS!
ANCHO CHICKEN SOFT TACOS
• Leftover meat from Citrus Roasted Chicken
• 3 dried ancho peppers, stemmed and seeded
• 1 cup chicken stock
• 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
• 1 red onion, finely chopped
• 3 to 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
• 2 tbsp. sherry or sherry vinegar
• 1 tsp. fresh oregano, chopped
• 2 tsp. ground cumin
• 2 tsp. ground coriander
• 2 tsp. smoked paprika
• ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
• 8 soft flour tortillas
1. Place the ancho peppers and the chicken stock in a small pot over medium-high heat. Bring to a bubble and simmer until peppers are very tender, about 15 minutes. Transfer the mixture to a food processor and puree until smooth. Reserve.
2. Place a large skillet over medium-high heat with 2 tbsp. of olive oil. Add red onion and garlic and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. While that's cooking, remove the skin and meat from the chicken and shred the meat.
3. Add sherry and cook for a minute. Add oregano, cumin, coriander, paprika, cinnamon, shredded chicken and ancho puree to the skillet and cook for 3 to 4 minutes (add a splash of chicken stock if the mixture is too thick).
4. Portion the meat mixture into tortillas and serve.
Pick up Every Day with Rachael Ray for more recipes for under $10.
TRAVEL SPECIAL OLYMPIC EDITION!
Celeb guide to ... VANCOUVER
The site of this year's Winter Games is a haven for spotting stars and local sightseeing
ROBERT PATTINSON & KRISTEN STEWART
While filming Eclipse last fall, these costars hit the Retro Rock Vintage Clothing store.
The Bachelorette star and Vancouver native loves the Granville Island Market. "It's always full of people, live music and good food," she blogged.
JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE & JESSICA BIEL
The couple shared a vegan strawberry-rhubarb pie at Aphrodite Cafe and Pie Shop in October.
This popular local haunt includes a mountaintop restaurant with "jaw-dropping views over downtown's twinkling skyscrapers," says John Lee, author of Lonely Planet's Vancouver guide. Early mornings are your best bet for a crowd-free experience.
RAIN CITY GRILL
"Tuck into delicate Baynes Sound scallops or velvet-soft Salt Spring Island lamb and save room for a giant wine list with plenty of British Columbia treats," says Lee. Also check out the prix fixe deal between 5 p.m. and 6 p.m.
The 2010 Winter Olympics air on NBC February 12-28.
Head to the site vancouver2010.com/store for these and more official Winter Game collectibles.
LIMITED-EDITION FAMILY PIN
Features mascots Sumi, Quatchi and Miga; $12
Choose from more than seven winter sports; $12 each
ICE NYLON TOTE BAG
Comes in burgundy or blue; $23
Celeb designer Kelly Wearstler...
DRESS UP YOUR DESK
Like daring design? Gwen Stefani and Ben Stiller's decorator says the home office is another place to work it
"I use this votive for paperclips or as a paperweight," says Wearstler. "Who says it has to hold a candle?"
Crystal Votive, $38-$58; anthropologie.com
"When I make a call, I stick the person's business card in between the fingers," she says.
Wooden Female Hand Artist's Model, $19.95; bn.com
TURN BACK TIME
"Seeing an old-fashioned clock just feels nice," says Wearstler. "This one has an alarm."
Portsmouth Travel Clock, $39; potterybarn.com
"Faux python adds texture to a monochromatic room," she says of her notebooks.
Snake Bound Journal, $12.50; casparionline.com
Find Kelly's latest book, Hue, on amazon.com
Katrina Bowden ...
STAR BARGAIN HUNTER
Her 30 Rock character may be a bit dim, but this actress is one savvy shopper. "I am always on homedecorators.com," she says. "They have wonderful home items that are not that expensive."
- CONTRIBUTORS Antoinette Y. Coulton,
- Amy Elisa Keith,
- Suzanne Zuckerman,
- with Joyce Chen,
- Christine Kilpatrick,
- Aaron Parsley.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!