Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,107 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Jury Urges Life in Prison for Grandma Who Forced 9-Year-Old to Run
- Read the Cover Story: At Home with Britney Spears and Her Boys!
- Jon Hamm on Playing the 'Troubled' Don Draper: 'You Want to Wash It Off'
- Investigators Find Car Belonging to Woman Missing Since Valentine's Day Date
- Ben Affleck Gives a Batman Shout-Out to Senator at Congressional Hearing
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
Welcome the Season with These Easy-to-Decorate Treats
Upsy Daisy and Bird's Nest Cupcakes
Makes: 24 cupcakes
Hands-on time: 35 min.
Total time: 1 hr., 45 min.
WHAT YOU NEED:
1 (18.25-oz.) box white, yellow or chocolate cake mix
Water, vegetable oil, eggs
1 (18-oz.) container vanilla frosting
2 cups sweetened coconut
Green food coloring
Assorted colored jelly beans
HOW TO DO IT:
Prepare cupcakes according to package directions using water, oil and eggs. Bake as directed. Cool 10 minutes; remove to wire rack. Cool completely.
For Upsy Daisy Cupcakes: Frost each cupcake. Flatten spice-drop candies to form petals, centers and leaves. Arrange on tops of frosted cupcakes to form flowers.
For Bird's Nest Cupcakes: Frost each cupcake. Make an indentation in the center of each cupcake using a small teaspoon. Combine 1 teaspoon water with 5 to 8 drops green food coloring in zip-top bag; add coconut. Seal bag; shake to tint coconut. Sprinkle coconut over the tops of frosted cupcakes; press gently to form nest shapes. Arrange three jelly beans in each nest.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!