Archive Page - 08/16/13 40 years, 2,169 covers and 54,876 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- The Bachelor's Chris Soules: 'I'm in Love!'
- The Best Photos from the Week of Dec. 15- Dec. 21, 2014
- Dean McDermott Guest Stars on CSI as a ... What? (PHOTO)
- Jordan Nickerson, 7-Year-Old Cancer Patient Taylor Swift Serenaded, Is in Remission (VIDEO)
- Missing College Student's Keys Found Almost One Month After He Went Missing
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Monday December 22, 2014 05:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- January 25, 2010
- Vol. 73
- No. 3
Party Like the Stars at the ...
Throw an A-list dinner inspired by the menu and decor from this year's glamorous event
CHEF SUZANNE GOIN'S CHOPPED CHICKEN SALAD
• 2 large heads romaine, chopped
• 1 head radicchio, chopped
• 3 Belgian endives, chopped
• 1 lb. roasted chicken, chopped
• ¼ lb. blue cheese, crumbled
• 6 oz. bacon, cooked, drained and crumbled
• 2 large apples, peeled and chopped
• ½ bunch parsley, chopped
• ½ lemon, juiced
• 2 tbsp. shallots, diced
• ¼ cup sherry vinegar
• 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
• ½ tbsp. whole grain mustard
• ¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
• ½ tsp. honey
• Salt and pepper
1. For vinaigrette: Soak the shallots in the vinegar for 5 minutes. Whisk in the mustards and then the olive oil and honey. Season with salt and pepper.
2. For salad: Place all the ingredients (except the lemon juice) in a large salad bowl. Toss with the vinaigrette and lemon juice. Add salt and pepper to taste.
To create an atmosphere that's "intimate yet fun," event designer Andrea Wyn Schall will group orchids, succulents and roses in silver boxes for a lush centerpiece.
The Screen Actors Guild Awards airs Saturday, Jan. 23 on TNT and TBS
It's Complicated ...
GET THE LOOK!
Romance? Difficult. Recreating the cozy, chic vibe of Meryl Streep's onscreen living room? Not so much
1 TWO-FOR-ONE END TABLE
Stacked wicker baskets "look great recycled as furniture, plus they serve the space well for storage," says set decorator Beth Rubino.
Savannah Lidded Basket, $24-$54; potterybarn.com
2 CITRUS TWIST
"Don't be afraid of color," says Rubino, who infused bursts of orange but was careful "not to let the room go up in flames, so to speak."
Light Years Lamp, $14.95-$24.95; landofnod.com
3 GARDEN VARIETY
A bowl full of veggies, such as the artichokes on the coffee table, provide instant "color, texture and scent" to the space, says Rubino.
Pinch Large Serve Bowl, $39; potterybarn.com
4 BOLD ACCENTS
"Fill the room with items that you enjoy, even if there's an eclectic look to everything," says Rubino.
Turned Wood Pedestal Table, $249; brocadehome.com
3 Things to Know About ...
Travel Channel host Samantha Brown on navigating the new rules
1 RECONSIDER YOUR CARRY-ON
After the recent terrorist attempt on a U.S. plane, some airlines are restricting or limiting the size and amount of carry-on bags. Check your airline's Web site for the latest info—and consider a bag like this one, which fits in the overhead bins of even the smallest regional jet.
2 DON'T ARRIVE TOO EARLY
Yes, security checks are taking longer—but showing up hours before your departure only backs up earlier flights, "so stick to the suggested arrival times found on the airport Web sites," Brown says.
3 CHECK AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE
With stricter searching of carry-ons, everything from electronic toothbrushes to magnets can set off security alarms, so bring only the essentials onboard with you.
eBAGS WEEKENDER eTECH CONVERTIBLE, $69.99; eBags.com. This carry-on is recommended by the staff at Fodors' travel guides.
- CONTRIBUTORS Antoinette Y. Coulton,
- Amy Elisa Keith,
- Suzanne Zuckerman.
December 22, 2014
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!