Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Find Out Why Earl Charles Spencer Says His Grandfather Is 'Rolling in His Grave' at Althorp
- Read the Cover Story: Mystery in Idaho: Little Boy Lost
- Jaime King, Emma Roberts and More Stars Are Here to Help Kick Off Your (Affordable) Fourth of July Shopping Spree!
- Going Platinum! Lauren Conrad and Ashley Tisdale Are Suddenly Oh-So-Blonde
- Surviving Father in Fatal Texas Triple Shooting Breaks His Silence With Facebook Posts
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- January 25, 2010
- Vol. 73
- No. 3
Boy Meets World's Danielle Fishel 'I'm Okay with My Weight'
After Years of Being 'Obsessed' with Getting Thin, the Former Child Star Finally Learns to Embrace Her Body
NOW 126 LBS.
It was one of her proudest moments: After hitting 140 lbs., Danielle Fishel signed up for Nutrisystem—and not only went on to drop 28 lbs., but also to do a 2007 bikini ad for the company. The feeling of triumph, however, didn't last long. As soon as the shoot was over, the 5'1" star gorged herself. "I had a grilled cheese, fries and a milk shake," she says. "It was not a maintainable weight for me."
Today, Fishel is back up to 126 lbs.—just don't expect her to start a new diet. After years of forcing her body to be an impossibly small size—which began when she was 15 and starring as Topanga on Boy Meets World—Fishel, 28, says she is finally happy with her figure: "I'm as healthy as I've ever been."
As a teen, Fishel was anything but. "Obsessed" with having a 24-in. waist, she resorted to extremes such as taking laxatives, eating only iceberg lettuce and occasionally throwing up. "I was terrified to eat," says Fishel, who at 16 was just 89 lbs. But when she collapsed on-set one day, "I realized this was not a game."
Fishel now follows a balanced diet that includes blueberries and chicken-salad wraps. And though she's back on TV hosting The Dish on the Style Network, she's not worried about looking skinny on-camera. "I've learned," she says, "to be comfortable in my own skin."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!