Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,173 covers and 55,054 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- PEOPLE's Guide to the 2015 Super Bowl
- The Style Top 5: Sarah Jessica Parker Brings Her Shoe Line to Zappos, Katy Perry Preps for the Super Bowl and More
- Scarlett Johansson Shows Off Stunning Post-Baby Body 4 Months After Giving Birth
- Bruce Jenner's Family All Support His Transition Decision, Says Source
- Disney-Inspired Cocktails For Adults Who Don't Want To Grow Up
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Sunday February 01, 2015 02:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- January 25, 2010
- Vol. 73
- No. 3
Makeup Inspired by Alice in Wonderland
The Movie Doesn't Debut Until March 5, but Its Ethereal Take on Beauty (think Sparkle!) Hits Stores This Month
To capture the "whimsical" feel director Tim Burton wanted in his latest film, Alice in Wonderland, the movie's makeup department head Valli O'Reilly worked with a "pretty, edgy" palette. That meant dark lipstick and silver-flecked cheek shimmer on Anne Hathaway "to give her a kind of angelic look," O'Reilly says, while Mia Wasikowska (who plays Alice) was the picture of innocence thanks to light eggplant shadow that made her eyes pop. To channel a similar look, try this new Urban Decay Collection, which comes packaged in a 3D pop-up box.
Alice in Wonderland Book of Shadows, $52; urbandecay.com (available Jan. 15)
OPI's special line of nail polish reflects the movie's vibrant style
This "prim but daring" blue calls to mind Alice's iconic dress, says OPI artistic director Suzi Weiss-Fischmann.
Mad as a Hatter
Multiple glitters convey that the Mad Hatter is "a mixed-up person," Weiss-Fischmann says.
OPI nail lacquers, $8.50; opi.com for stores
Off with Her Red!
"As soon as I saw her lips," says Weiss-Fischmann, "I thought, 'I've got to do a color like that.'"
- CONTRIBUTORS Jackie Fields,
- with Katie Dickens.
January 31, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!