Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,181 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Sharon Osbourne Taking One-Month Break from The Talk After Collapsing
- Read the Cover Story – Tess Holliday: The World's First Size 22 Supermodel!
- Robert De Niro Gives Blunt, Funny, Inspiring Commencement Speech to Acting School Grads
- Chris Pratt Apologizes in Advance for Potential 'JurassicGate' and Misbehaving on Press Tour
- Kris Jenner Tries to Embarrass Daughters Kourtney and Kim Kardashian with a Throwback Pic of Their Model Poses
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- March 15, 2010
- Vol. 73
- No. 10
Angelina Jolie & Dad Jon Voight Ending Their Feud
They've Been Estranged for Seven Years. Now Angelina is Letting Her Famous Father Back into Her Life-so He Can Be the Parent and Grandparent He Says He Wants to Be
It's a remarkable reconciliation for Jolie, 34, and Voight, 71, whose rocky relationship has been a source of deep hurt for both over the years. From its roots in Jolie's childhood to a war of words that exploded in 2002, tensions between the two ran so high that at times a truce seemed out of reach. But quietly their rift has begun to heal over the past year. "Angie and I don't want to say much [regarding how it came about]," says Voight. Those close to the actor say he is thrilled to be back in his daughter's life. "Every time I saw him interacting with children, I always felt a certain sadness for him," says his friend Rabbi Chaim Cunin, whose charity fund-raisers Voight has long supported. "It just makes this moment all the more special."
Until recently, Voight and Jolie weren't on speaking terms. She has discussed the pain caused by her father's infidelity during his marriage to her late mother, Marcheline Bertrand, who was divorced from Voight in 1980. Tensions boiled over in '02, when Voight publicly claimed that Jolie needed "help" amid the actress's adoption of son Maddox (see box).
Seven years and five more children later, sources say Jolie and her father are working to put the past behind them. "I think it means everything to Jon," his friend Donald Trump says of the fledgling reconciliation. "I think this is the way it should be."
- Oliver Jones/L.A.,
- Jessica Herndon/L.A.,
- Sharon Cotliar/N.Y.C..
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!