Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- See Dancing with the Stars Pro Kym Johnson's Wild Bachelorette Party in Vegas!
- Read the Cover Story: George Turns 3: The Preschool Prince!
- Duncan Jones Welcomes Son Stenton David Jones 6 Months After Dad David Bowie's Death
- WATCH AND SHOP: Never Hear 'You Look Tired' Again – Thanks to This Beauty Product
- Zoë Saldana Says Grandparents and Nannies Are a Huge Help in Raising Twin Sons: We 'Have a Great Village'
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- March 15, 2010
- Vol. 73
- No. 10
Sophie Dahl's ...
DINNER FOR 4 UNDER $10
The model turned author shares a spicy and guilt-free Italian dish from her new cookbook
• 6 tbsp. olive oil
• 2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
• 1 fresh red chili pepper, seeded and chopped
• 2 (14½-oz.) cans chopped tomatoes, drained
• 8 anchovy fillets
• 1 tsp. light brown sugar (optional)
• 4 cups whole wheat penne
• 1 cup black olives, pitted
• 4 large tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
1. In a pan, heat 4 tbsp. of the olive oil and cook the garlic and the chili pepper until the garlic is fragrant (about 1 minute). You don't want the garlic to burn, or else it will become bitter.
2. Add tomatoes and simmer on low.
3. With the back of a wooden spoon, grind the anchovies and the remaining olive oil into a paste.
4. Add to the sauce and continue simmering for about 20 minutes. Optional: Add 1 tsp. of brown sugar.
5. Cook the pasta as directed on the box, until it is al dente. Top with the finished sauce.
6. Add the olives to the sauce and serve with a big handful of parsley.
Pick up Sophie's cookbook Miss Dahl's Voluptuous Delights on amazon.com
WHAT A SITE!
A look at OneKingsLane.com, the Web site that Gwyneth Paltrow goes to for 'design inspiration and great steals'
CLIMBING THE WALLS
"It's ultra-affordable art!" says OKL cofounder Susan Feldman of this collection of frame-ready critter prints. And the box is a perfect coffee-table topper.
Natural Curiosities box with 14 prints, $59; onekingslane.com
Feldman calls these candles, which come in exotic scents like Belgian Marigold, "the perfect hostess gift." And the fancy packaging means "there's no need to gift-wrap!"
Seda France L'Argent Pagoda Candle, $15 each; onekingslane.com
INTO THE WILD
These jumbo metal trays (20-in. diameter), which come in a variety of colorful prints, "are incredibly versatile," says Feldman. "Use them to serve cocktails at a party, to add pizzazz to a desk or as a catch-all for keys and mail."
Jayes trays, $35-$59; onekingslane.com
Log on to www.onekingslane.com/people to sign up for a free membership, buy these items and instantly receive a $10 credit toward any purchase.
Offer valid from 12 a.m. PT on March 4, 2010 through 12 a.m. PT on March 31, 2010.
Along with two pals, the actress runs the blog greenissexy.org, which showcases earth-friendly products-like this mat made from old flip-flops!
Flip Flop Door Mat, $29-$89; vivaterra.com
The controversial rapper likes to show off his favorite household items-like these rugged bowls-on his blog kanye universecity.com.
Log Bowls, $64-$290; visit loyalloot.com for stores
Mixed drink recipes with a special Hollywood pedigree
THE 901 PM
Last year the singer added "tequila maker" to his resume. His 901 Silver is "unbelievably smooth," he says.
• 2 oz. 901 Silver tequila
• 2 oz. grapefruit juice
• ½ oz. fresh lime juice
• 1 tbsp. simple syrup
• 2 oz. club soda
• lime wheel garnish
Pour over ice in a glass. Stir gently.
Buy 901 Silver at astorwines.com
PICKLE BACK SHOT
At N.Y.C.'s Hudson Terrace, Timberlake recently drank a shot of whiskey followed by a shot of pickle juice. "It's popular!" says bartender Sasha Israel.
Zach Braff's ...
The secret to the Bloody Mary at N.Y.C.'s Mermaid Oyster Bar? "Old Bay spice," says Braff, an investor. "But don't tell them I told you."
• 2 oz. vodka
• 4 oz. tomato juice
• 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
• 2 tsp. horseradish
• ¼ tsp. Old Bay Seasoning
• Pinch ground black pepper
• ½ tsp. Dijon mustard
• 4 shakes Tabasco
• Squeeze of lemon and lime
1. Put ice in a shaker with tomato juice, lemon juice, black pepper, vodka, Dijon mustard, horseradish, Worcestershire and Tabasco.
2. Shake six to eight times.
3. Rim a chilled old-fashioned glass with Old Bay Seasoning.
4. Strain cocktail into glass.
MY TRAVEL MUST-HAVES
No matter what island he lands on for Survivor, the TV host counts on these items to get him through
"Podcasts keep me in touch with the world," says Probst, who also unwinds to the tunes of Dave Matthews, Michael Franti and U2.
iPod nano, $149; apple.com
2 GREENS PLUS CHOCOLATE ENERGY BAR
Probst likes to munch on these-which have "all of the good stuff, none of the bad"-during long challenges.
Box of 12 bars, $35.88; greensplus.com
3 MURAD SUNBLOCK
"I've been using it for several years, and it seems to be working-because nobody has any idea I'm 73 years old!" jokes Probst, 48.
Oil-free sunblock, $31; murad.com
4 TRAVEL BOTTLES
Forget packing toiletries in a sandwich bag, says Probst: "Whether it's hair gel or lotion, it fits in the bottles and stays neat."
Carry-on bottle set, $10; flight001.com
5 SIGG CANTEEN
"I drink a lot of water," says Probst, who avoids plastic bottles in favor of this reusable metal container. "It's good to know you're not throwing anything away."
20-oz. size, $21; mysigg.com
Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains airs Thursdays at 8 p.m. EST on CBS.
- CONTRIBUTORS Antoinette Y. Coulton,
- Suzanne Zuckerman,
- with Rebecca Daly,
- Cynthia Wang.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!