Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,278 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- VIDEO: Fear the Walking Dead: Los Angeles Is Hit with a 'Strange Virus' in First Promo
- The Style Top 5: Amal Clooney Brings Her Glam Street Style to NYC, Iggy Azalea Gets Candid About Her Body and More
- The Walking Dead Finale Recap: Keeping the Wolves from the Door
- RHOA Recap: The Housewives Head to the Philippines (with a Lot of Baggage)
- Justin Timberlake Almost Stole Taylor Swift's iHeartRadio Award
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- March 08, 2010
- Vol. 73
- No. 9
Jeremy Renner Hurt's Hot Star
The Best Actor Nominee for the Hurt Locker Can Rock a Hard Hat and a Guitar—but Why Is He Brushing His Teeth at Starbucks?
Renner's breakout turn as a cocky Army bomb tech in The Hurt Locker made him the talk of Hollywood. But the indie-film vet, 39, has a fallback gig. A developer who oversees everything from "roof lines to the shape of a couch," he builds and renovates homes, though he's living out of a suitcase now. "I brushed my teeth at Starbucks today," he says. "It was one of those humbling moments."
HIS OSCAR LUCKY CHARM
When a reporter asked him to size up his competition, "I said, 'I'm gonna have to break some serious legs,'" recalls Renner. "A friend had that embroidered on a beautiful handkerchief. I might just slip that in my pocket."
HIS TEEN REGRET
In high school in Modesto, Calif., he had a band called Hot Ice. "It was the '80s! Terrible."
HIS BEAUTIFUL BFF
He's been spotted on the town with Charlize Theron, but "we're just friends," he says. "We're crazy about each other. I can go hang out with her and play her piano and sip Scotch."
HOW HE'S COPING WITH FAME
"I sleep when I'm tired, eat when I'm hungry and shower when I stink. A caveman mentality, but it's working for me."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!