Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Britney Spears Works Off Her Cheesecake Factory Indulgence to 'Blurred Lines'
- Read the Cover Story: JFK Jr.: The John We Loved
- See the 10 New IKEA Products Everyone's Going to Want
- Miley Cyrus Flaunts Mysterious New Ring on That Finger, Steps Out With Love Liam Hemsworth
- John Oliver Fact-Checks Donald Trump at the RNC in Latest Profane Tirade
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- March 08, 2010
- Vol. 73
- No. 9
After a Lifetime Spent Helping the Dog Whisperer Rehabilitate Destructive Dobermans and Anxious Akitas, Cesar Millan's Gentle Pit Bull Daddy Dies at 16
On Feb. 19 the Dog Whisperer's beloved pet and costar died, "peacefully and surrounded by family," at 16. Daddy, who had successfully battled cancer last year, "brought my family and me so much joy," Millan said in a statement. "He represented what my grandfather taught me: Never work against Mother Nature."
Daddy had been a member of Millan's family since his original owner, rap artist Redman, gave the 4-month-old pup to the then-unknown dog trainer. As Millan went on to star in the hit National Geographic Channel series and write four bestsellers, he used Daddy—and his unflappable calm-submissive energy—as a training tool and example of how even breeds with tough reputations can be model pets. "Everywhere he goes he spreads peace. A cat, a rabbit, people who don't like pit bulls . . . Daddy accepts them all," says Millan. "His existence has touched a lot of people."
FOR MORE PHOTOS OF CESAR MILLAN AND DADDY, VISIT PEOPLEPETS.COM
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!