Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- WATCH: Kristen Stewart and Nicholas Hoult Try to Resist Their Feelings in Clip from Sci-Fi Drama Equals
- Read the Cover Story: Steve Harvey: From Homeless to Having It All
- Khloé Kardashian Feels Conflicted About Her Exes: 'If People Are Destructive to You Emotionally, That Still Doesn't Mean You Can't Love Them'
- Mother-in-Law of Murdered Texas Fitness Instructor Shares Love Story Between Her Son and Daughter-in-Law: 'She Was Definitely the One'
- WATCH: Jennifer Holliday Surprises The View's Whoopi Goldberg with Superstar Co-Host Karaoke Performance of 'And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- March 08, 2010
- Vol. 73
- No. 9
Jake Who? She's Moving On ...
REESE LOVES THE SINGLE LIFE!
It's been about three months since her split from Jake Gyllenhaal, 29, and Reese Witherspoon isn't looking back. The actress, 33, has moved right along in the romance department, quietly seeing Hollywood agent Jim Toth, 39, of the powerful Creative Artists Agency, where Witherspoon is a client. "It's not exclusive," says a source close to the actress. But that doesn't seem to bother her: "She seems genuinely happy with her life and excited about the future–whatever it holds." Witherspoon, who back in 2006 split from husband of seven years Ryan Phillippe, has had her fair share of romance woes but seems to now know just what she wants. "She's not looking to get married. She's over that because she's been there and isn't thinking about having more kids," says the source. Meanwhile, the mother of two (Ava, 10, and Deacon, 6, her children with Phillippe) has been declaring to friends that "she is single," claims another source. "Reese genuinely seems content with life right now," says the source. Witherspoon is certain things will fall into place, says the pal. "She's open to dating and finding love, and she doesn't seem regretful at all."
RYAN & ABBIE: IT'S OVER
After they met in 2006 on the set of Stop–Loss, romance blossomed between Ryan Phillippe, 35, and Australian actress Abbie Cornish, 27. Now, almost four years later, their relationship is over. A rep for Phillippe maintains he ended the relationship, while Cornish's rep says it was she who called it quits. "They've been having ups and downs," says a source. "With all the Bright Star press and Abbie landing the Vanity Fair cover, he was beginning to feel like he was secondary." They had spent the past months apart while Cornish filmed Sucker Punch in Vancouver and Phillippe remained in L.A.
KOURTNEY DEFENDS HER MAN
Following weeks of tabloid reports claiming she and boyfriend Scott Disick, 26–father of their 3–month–old son Mason–are on the rocks, Kardashian, 30, tells Scoop their relationship is solid. "Scott is my partner. We do everything together. You can't take [the reports] too seriously," she said Feb. 19 at Las Vegas's Jet nightclub, where they held hands and locked lips throughout the night while aunt Kim Kardashian looked after Mason. "They're trying to make it work for the baby," says Kim.
N.Y.C. FASHION WEEK MAMAS' BOYS
At Justin Timberlake's Feb. 17 William Rast show, he got lots of hugs from mom Lynn Harless, who gushed that her son's girlfriend Jessica Biel is "amazing."
Jersey Shore's Vinny Guadagnino brought his mom, Paola, to the Daily's Beauty Bar, a Fashion Week gifting suite, for a pedicure, massage and blowout.
MEET MATT WILLIAMS!
LADY GAGA'S 'SOLID' GUY
She's touring the world and cranking out hit after hit, but it's all starting to catch up with Lady Gaga. "She works so hard and she's exhausted," says family friend, producer Joe "Joe V" Vulpis. How does the pop star (real name: Stefani Germanotta), 23, relax? Seemingly by re–romancing Matt Williams, creative director of her design team, Haus of Gaga, whom she dated a while back. "He represents something solid," says Vulpis. "Anyone that she has known while she was growing up to be Gaga probably sees her for who she really is."
THE SPEARS SISTERS
HAPPY WITH THEIR HUNKS
While Britney Spears has been spending time with boyfriend Jason Trawick ("Things are really good with them," says a source), her sister Jamie Lynn, 18, has also been hanging out with her new beau, Louisiana businessman James "Jamie" Watson, 28. "He's nice, well–mannered and cute," says a hometown resident. Jamie Lynn recently headed to L.A. for some sisterly bonding, including lunch on Feb. 17 at Mondrian's Asia de Cuba with Jamie Lynn's daughter Maddie, 20 months. Says an eyewitness: "They were laughing and having a really good time."
WE'RE GETTING MARRIED!
HILARY DUFF & MIKE COMRIE
While vacationing in Hawaii, Edmonton Oilers center Comrie, 29, got down on bended knee and presented Duff, 22, with an enormous sparkler. "After being together over two years, they are very excited to share the happy news," says Duff's rep. As is the Gossip Girl actress's family. "I adore him," says Duff's sister Haylie, 25, who gushed over her sib's engagement at the Hard Rock Hotel's Vanity Nightclub in Las Vegas Feb. 20. "She was completely surprised. It was very romantic. I'm very happy for her."
DAVE ANNABLE & ODETTE YUSTMAN
When he proposed to his girlfriend of 18 months during a recent weekend trip to Santa Barbara, the Brothers & Sisters star, 30, "was terrified!" he says. But he pulled it off, surprising the October Road actress, 24, with a Martin Katz ring "that was more beautiful and perfect than I could've ever imagined," she says.
SIMON COWELL & MEZHGAN HUSSAINY
Even though his girlfriend of a year, Afghan–born makeup artist Hussainy, 36, has been sporting a massive rock–fueling reports of an engagement– American Idol judge Cowell, 50, says he hasn't popped the question. But might wedding bells ring later this year? "[I asked] and he said, 'Who knows?'" says his rep. "They're very happy."
Hollywood chipped in Feb. 20 at the 8th Annual World Poker Tour Invitational to benefit Chrysalis, a charity for the homeless. A very pregnant Rebecca Gayheart escorted hubby Eric Dane (who played alongside Jenny McCarthy) before giving him a good–night–and–good–luck kiss. LeAnn Rimes cheered on beau Eddie Cibrian–and kept an eye on his cards. Laura Prepon and card shark Jennifer Tilly held their own, but it was Marlon Wayans and Ricki Lake who were the last celebs standing.
CAUGHT IN THE ACT
• 2/20, L.A.: Dakota Fanning celebrated her Sweet 16 at Villa Blanca restaurant with pals, her cheerleading squad and real–life Runaway Cherie Currie, whom Fanning portrays in the film.
• 2/18, N.Y.C.: Naomi Watts and Kate Bosworth (inset) sat front–row at the Calvin Klein Women's Fall 2010 show at Mercedes–Benz fashion week.
• 2/20, Las Vegas: Eva Longoria Parker celebrated a day declared in her honor at Eve Nightclub in CityCenter.
• 2/19, Las Vegas: Viva Elvis! Ryan Seacrest and Mad Men's Christina Hendricks joined Priscilla Presley for the new Cirque du Soleil show premiere.
• 2/20, Charlotte, N.C.: The Black Eyed Peas hosted their concert afterparty at Butter NC.
• 2/20, Vancouver: Men's figure skater Evan Lysacek and his self–proclaimed "really close" friend Olympic gold medalist gymnast Nastia Liukin helped Evan's dad celebrate his birthday at the Proctor & Gamble family home.
- CONTRIBUTORS Jennifer Garcia,
- Mark Gray,
- Kristen Mascia,
- Lesley Messer,
- Suzanne Zuckerman,
- with Reagan Alexander,
- Pernilla Cedenheim,
- Julie Jordan,
- Ruth Laney,
- Marisa Laudadio,
- Simon Perry,
- Michelle Tan,
- Nina Tyler,
- Ulrica Wihlborg.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!